Institutional Research and Analysis
The mission of the Institutional Research and Analysis office is to collect and analyze internal and external data and to provide accurate, timely, value-added information to Saskatchewan Polytechnic management and staff for use in program planning, decision-making, performance measurement and public accountability activities.
Institutional Research and Analysis is the official releaser of all Saskatchewan Polytechnic student and program statistics.
The primary functions of the Institutional Research and Analysis office include:
- undertake and report on a series of annual institutional surveys related to key Saskatchewan Polytechnic performance indicators (e.g., Graduate Employment Survey, Student Satisfaction Survey and Employer Survey)
- participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of an Enterprise Data Warehouse to be used for institutional reporting of student and program statistics
- generate a set of official standardized reports related to student demographics and activity based on Saskatchewan Polytechnic census reporting dates (including student statistics for Saskatchewan Polytechnic's annual report)
- collect, analyze and release student and program statistics in response to ad hoc requests for information from Saskatchewan Polytechnic's management and staff (internal requests for information), Saskatchewan Polytechnic's Freedom of Information office (external requests for information) and reports to the government
- support Saskatchewan Polytechnic performance measurement reporting activities related to Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs
- upon request of senior academic management, provide methodological assistance to internal staff conducting research about Saskatchewan Polytechnic's students or programs
Reports and Publications
Requests for Institutional Data by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Management and Staff
Saskatchewan Polytechnic management and staff who require information for Saskatchewan Polytechnic business purposes may place a request for information by completing and submitting an online Institutional Data Request Form. The form may be found on the Institutional Research and Analysis Team Site on mySaskPolytech.
Requests for Institutional Data by External Stakeholders
If the information you require cannot be found on the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website, you may request to have a special report generated. (Students, as well as anyone who is not employed at Saskatchewan Polytechnic, fit into the category of external stakeholder.)
Requests for information by an external stakeholder must be made through Saskatchewan Polytechnic's Freedom of Information office. An Access to Information Request form and a non-refundable $20 administration fee must be submitted to Saskatchewan Polytechnic's access and privacy officer. If your Freedom of Information request is approved, Saskatchewan Polytechnic's access and privacy officer will work with Institutional Research and Analysis to obtain the necessary information.
View Freedom of Information to find out how to request information and to download the Access to Information Request form.
Code of Ethics
In order to ensure accurate and valid information obtained through professional methods, members of the Institutional Research and Analysis office adhere to the Code of Ethics adopted by the Association for Institutional Research and Analysis (AIR).
Institutional Research and Analysis
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Administrative Offices
400 - 119 4th Avenue South
Saskatoon SK S7K 5X2
|Business Information Analyst