Applied Research Scholarships of $1,000 each are available to eligible students. These awards are intended to provide an opportunity for Saskatchewan Polytechnic students to engage in applied research partnerships with industry and the community. Engaging in applied research projects that are relevant to solving current issues and challenges allows our students and their faculty supervisors to successfully address contemporary needs and make a real difference in their communities and in their fields of study.
Students may receive only one per academic year.
Students can submit an application in the fall.
To be eligible to receive a Saskatchewan Polytechnic Applied Research Scholarship, a
- Be enrolled full-time in a Saskatchewan Polytechnic certificate, diploma, degree or postgraduate certificate program of 20 weeks or more in length and have completed at least one semester of the program;
- Submit both a letter of recommendation from a faculty member who will supervise the research project;
- Agree to submit an interim confirmation of progress, signed by the supervisor and a short final report on the outcomes of the project;
- Agree to communicate the final work in poster form at the annual Applied Research Student Showcase, and in other presentations and/or videos;
- Complete this project prior to June 2018.
Scholarships will be awarded in two equal installments, at the start of the project and upon completion. The supervisor will be asked to complete and sign a mid-project confirmation stating that the project has begun and is on track for completion as anticipated.
- A short final report from the student will need to be submitted prior to the release of the final payment.
- Failure to complete the project (including submitting the interim and final reports), will result in the final payment being withheld.
Sask Polytech reserves the right to recover any paid out funds on projects not started or not making reasonable progress by the mid-term check in.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic achievement
- Nature and applicability of the research project (e.g. innovation, commercialization, entrepreneurial, sustainable, etc.)