Sask Polytech students are encouraged and supported by faculty to partner with business, industry and the community on applied research projects that provide real world solutions to today's challenges. Participating in applied research gives you hands-on experience to transition seamlessly into your chosen career and positions you as an employee of choice in today's competitive job market.
Applied Research Scholarship
Applied Research Scholarships of $1,000 each are available to eligible students. These awards are intended to provide an opportunity for Sask Polytech students to engage in applied research partnerships with industry and the community. Engaging in applied research projects that solve every day problems allows our students and their faculty supervisors to successfully address current industry needs and make a real difference in their communities and in their fields of study.
The application deadline is November 22, 2019. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
To be eligible to receive a Saskatchewan Polytechnic Applied Research Scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled full-time in a Saskatchewan Polytechnic certificate, diploma, degree or postgraduate certificate program of 20 weeks or more in length and have completed at least one semester of the program;
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member who will supervise the research project;
- Agree to submit an interim confirmation of progress, signed by the supervisor and a short final report on the outcomes of the project;
- Agree to present the final results in person at the annual Applied Research Student Showcase in Saskatoon on May 8, 2020 (date subject to change) and in other presentations and/or videos;
- Complete this project prior to May 31, 2020.
- Students may receive only one per academic year.
Students may work jointly on a project, but will then be required to share the scholarship.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic achievement.
- Nature and applicability of the research project (e.g. innovation, commercialization, entrepreneurial, sustainable, etc.).
Scholarships will be awarded in two equal installments, at the mid-project check-in and upon completion. The supervisor will be required to complete and sign a mid-project check-in stating that the project has begun and is on track for completion as anticipated.
- A short final report from the student will need to be submitted prior to the release of the final payment.
- Failure to complete the project (including submitting the required reports and presenting the work at the annual showcase), will result in the final payment being withheld.
Sask Polytech reserves the right to recover any paid out funds on projects not started or not making reasonable progress by the mid-term check in.