The Academic Council is the senior academic approval body for Saskatchewan Polytechnic, accountable to the Senior Management Council. Academic Council helps to ensure Sask Polytech provides high-quality, job-focused education that meets labour market needs as they evolve.
The Council's primary responsibilities are to:
- Recommend approval of new programs
- Approve major revisions to current programs
- Provide input on academic standards, policies and procedures
Decisions made by the council consider benefits to the organization as a whole, not just benefits to individual schools or programs.
- Provost and Vice President, Academic
- Five faculty members from the schools and departments (one per academic dean)
- One faculty member from the learning and teaching division
- One faculty member from the student services division
- Two students
- One representative from a partner educational organization (regional colleges)
- All academic deans
Each faculty and student member is eligible to serve a two year term, with one renewal possible, for a maximum of four years' consecutive service.
- AVP, Applied Research and Innovation
- AVP, Learning and Teaching
- AVP, Student Services
- Special Advisor to the Provost
For more information:
Please contact Bobbi Ryan at email@example.com