Employment Readiness—Essential skills in the workplace
Are you ready for work? Do you know what to expect or what employers will expect from you? Sask Polytech's employment readiness programs prepare you for the world of work through both in-class and on-the-job training.
An employment readiness program will help you identify current skills and build new abilities through classroom and work placements. The focus is on employment skills evaluation and training, including resume and portfolio development, computer and job search skills, and high demand employment certificates.
You will enjoy one-on-one support and small group learning. We collaborate with local businesses and industries to give you learning and work placements. CLB 6 is a pre-requisite.
Past & Current Employment Readiness programs, sometimes called Essential Skills in the Workplace projects, are:Supported Security Officer Certificate – Prince Albert
Are you ready to work? RISE is your opportunity to step up & show employers what you’ve got!
RISE is a NEW 13-week training program, located in Saskatoon, to support job-seekers
- The program is delivered in Saskatoon at Sask Polytechnic
- Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview
- Selection will be made within two weeks after the deadline
- There is no cost to attend.
- Participants may qualify for further assistance through the Provincial Training Allowance
- Essential skills and Employability skills for the workplace
- Simulation training to reflect workplace situations
- Skills to confidently apply for jobs and attend interviews
- Increased familiarity with the local labour market & employment services
- WHMIS, First Aid/CPR, Food Safe Certification
- Resume, portfolio, and interview experience
- Work placement
- Continued coaching after completion of the program
If you are interested in training for a job, contact the Literacy and Adult Education office at your local campus for further information.