Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers industry-recognized technical education in water and wastewater treatment through continuing education and distance courses. It’s an opportunity to get the technical training you need to apply for certification as an operator.
Operator certification preparation courses
Prepare to write the provincial certification exam by distance or with on-campus workshops. If you have questions about the process on becoming a certified operator, visit the Saskatchewan Operator Certification Board website.
Operator training and continuing education unit (CEU) courses
Earn CEUs to maintain certification by distance or with on-campus workshops.
kanātan nipīy (the water is clean) program
The kanātan nipīy program is a 9-week program starting January 26, 2024, that aims to prepare students to write Level 1 Water Treatment and Distribution and Level 1 Wastewater Treatment and Collection Exams. The program focuses on essential skills along with math, biology and chemistry training to prepare students for the water and wastewater treatment, distribution and collection training. A 2-week work placement will follow the training. Funding may be available for persons qualifying through referral from the Saskatoon Tribal Council and the Gabriel Dumont Institute Training & Employment.
If you are ready to apply, email email@example.com with the following documents:
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s license and driver abstract (within the last three months).
- Resume including three references.
Provincial water and wastewater exams
How to book a water or wastewater exam:
- The Sask Polytech Test Centre online booking system is available for the public to book their water and wastewater provincial certification exams, with the option of writing either paper based or web based exams. Note that all exams must be ordered a minimum of 10 business days prior to the requested exam date. Please note there are limited exam sittings offered over July and August.
- To book an exam, go to the Exam Registration website. For questions, please contact Tracey Johnson by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-691-8318.
- Regional College exam sittings: Contact the local regional college directly to set up exam sitting and they are responsible for ordering the exam.
For inquires, please contact Tracey Johnson by email at email@example.com or phone 306-691-8318.
Sask Polytech offers water and wastewater training that can be delivered to a group of employees either at your place of business or at one of our four campus locations. For more information, email ConEd@saskpolytech.ca or call 306-659-4418.