ITS Support and Resources
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides technology support for students and employees at Sask Polytech.
Contact the Helpdesk if you need assistance with your technology.
Visit the Microsoft Online Password Reset page to get back into your account.
Learn how to connect to eduroam, our secure on campus Wi-Fi.
Contact the Helpdesk if you are having issues or need some assistance with your technology.
Can't access your learning materials? Explore some of these avenues before contacting the Helpdesk for technical support.
If you cannot initially log in:
- make sure your caps lock key is not engaged
- try closing your browser and restarting it
- if closing your browser does not work, try restarting your computer and logging in again
Here are some possible reasons why you cannot access your learning materials:
- your Internet service provider may be experiencing difficulties
- the Saskatchewan Polytechnic web server may be experiencing difficulties
- you may have more than one copy of your browser open
- the Internet may be having a particularly bad day
- check your cable connections
- make sure your external modem (dial up, DSL or cable) is turned on and the lights are flashing
- make sure your modem is configured properly and contact a qualified service technician
check with your Internet service provider to see if there are any problems
- The phone line must be connected to the wall jack and connected to the line port on the modem. External modems have an external power adapter that must be plugged into the wall outlet and a power switch that has to be turned on.
DSL/Cable modem connections
- Cable must be connected from the wall jack to the modem and from the modem to the network card on the computer. Both cable and DSL modems have power supplies that have to be plugged in. The power switches on the modems need to be set to the "on" position.
- Are your Internet service provider connection settings correct? Contact your Internet service provider for these settings.
If you have tried all of these options and still cannot connect you may need to contact your Internet service provider or a qualified service technician.
Server maintenance is the third Saturday of each month. Computer and network services may be unavailable that day.
Follow us on Twitter @saskpolytechITS for system updates.
mySaskPolytech is your portal to Sask Polytech’s communications and services. mySaskPolytech provides access to email and myCourses home pages. You can view announcements, letters, grades, tax forms, unofficial transcripts, campus events and more. Learn more on mySaskPolytech Quick Reference Guide.
Communicate with instructors and other students.
To access Sask Polytech email on your smartphone, visit mySaskPolytech or download the Outlook application from your device’s app store or portal.office.com (Sask Polytech login required).
Click myOffice365 on mySaskPolytech to access Office 365, OneDrive and Email. If prompted for an organizational login account, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use Microsoft Office online from anywhere, including web, desktop and mobile devices. To install O365 on your personal device, go to myOffice365 and click Install Office 2016.
Store, edit, and access files on OneDrive from any location. To access OneDrive, visit http://portal.office.com (Sask Polytech login required).
Additional resources can be found at:
- How to save files to OneDrive (Sask Polytech login required)
- How to share files from OneDrive (Sask Polytech login required)
Sask Polytech’s online learning platform combines course materials, assignments and testing in a virtual classroom. Courses can be entirely online or contain online materials and activities which complement face-to-face teaching. Brightspace supports a wide variety of platforms, from smartphones to desktop PCs.
Access Brightspace by clicking on the myCourses icon on mySaskPolytech.
myWorkspace provides a virtual Windows desktop and software to complete assignments, print and email. Access your programs’ desktop by clicking the myWorkspace icon on mySaskPolytech. Saved files are automatically deleted when you log off so save your files on OneDrive.
Additional resources can be found at:
- Accessing myWorkspace (Sask Polytech login required)
- Install the Citrix Receiver (Sask Polytech login required)
- Using myWorkspace (Sask Polytech login required)
Use the Password Manager (Sask Polytech login required) to update your account settings including your multi-factor authentication preferences. View the Password Manager Guide for more information.
Use these password guidelines to create complex passwords, protect passwords and manage password changes.
Secure Wi-Fi on campus is available through eduroam.
To connect to the Sask Polytech eduroam service:
- Access your wireless connection settings.
- Enter or select the eduroam Wi-Fi network. The Enter Credentials dialog box appears.
- Enter your username complete with domain. This is usually your email at your institution (e.g., email@example.com).
- Enter your password.
- Click the OK button to connect.
Full details can be found on the eduroam information page (Sask Polytech login required). If you experience access problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Communicate with instructors and other students using chat, voice/audio and video meeting.
To secure Zoom meetings, ensure you update to the most recent version (Sask Polytech login required) and take specific steps to secure your Zoom meeting (Sask Polytech login required).
Visit Zoom FAQs (Sask Polytech login required) for more information.