Dr. Has Malik, Provost and Vice-President, Academic
Dr. Has Malik brings a wealth of experience and leadership to the role of provost and vice-president, Academic. He is excited to lead the academic, student services and applied research teams in supporting students to achieve their education and career goals. Sask Polytech works hand-in-hand with industry providing expertise in applied research, and delivering programs and training to advance strategic priorities. He is looking forward to continuing to work with industry to ensure graduates have the skills they need to succeed and industry has the right employees to do the job.
Dr. Malik joined Sask Polytech in June 2018 as the dean for the School of Business, School of Information and Communication Technology and Department of Arts and Sciences. Prior to joining Sask Polytech, he was at Sheridan College for 15 years, where he held faculty and a number of academic leadership roles.
Dr. Malik received his undergraduate degree in English Literature from Davidson College, North Carolina, graduating magna cum laude, and was inducted into the North Carolina Chapter of Phi Betta Kappa. He also holds a Master's degree and a PhD in English Literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In addition, Dr. Malik earned his post-graduate diploma in Applied Information Technology from the Information Technology Institute in Toronto.
- Applied Research
- Indigenous Student Success Strategy
- Learning and Teaching
- School of Business
- Joseph A. Remai School of Construction
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Hospitality and Tourism
- School of Human Services and Community Safety
- School of Information and Communications Technology
- School of Mining, Energy and Manufacturing
- School of Natural Resources and Built Environment
- School of Nursing
- School of Transportation
- Special Advisor to the Provost
- Student Services
- Senior Academic Leadership Team