Through the Essential Skills Development (ESD) program, you'll gain essential and employability skills in preparation for employment, framed by authentic learning experiences. You may also receive:
- Employability skills development (e.g., Accountability, adaptability, attitude, confidence, motivation, presentation, problem-solving, stress management, teamwork and time management)
- Essential skills development (e.g., Reading, writing, numeracy, communication, digital skills, document use)
- Individualized learning and employment plans
- Certifications as required by individualized learning plan (e.g., WHMIS, First Aid/CPR, Food Safe certification)
- Resume, portfolio, and interview experience
- Increased familiarity with the local labour market, employment services and further training
- Skills to confidently apply and prepare for further training or employment
- Transition support to employment or further training
The duration of programming is determined by your individual goals and the learning plan you create. It may range from 4 - 32 weeks.
There are eight start dates throughout the academic year.
- September 5, 2023
- October 10, 2023
- November 14, 2023
- December 11, 2023
- January 29, 2024
- March 4, 2024
- April 17, 2024
- May 15, 2024
Contact Literacy and Adult Education to arrange for an intake assessment, or to discuss program details.