Essential Skills Development (ESD)
Through the Essential Skills Development program, you'll gain essential skills and employability skills in preparation for employment, framed by authentic learning experiences. You'll also receive:
- Certifications as required by individualized learning plan (e.g., WHMIS, First Aid/CPR, Food Safe certification)
- Employability skills development (e.g., accountability, adaptability, attitude, confidence, motivation, presentation, problem-solving, stress management, teamwork and time management)
- Essential skills development (e.g., reading, writing, numeracy, communication, digital skills, document use)
- Increased familiarity with the local labour market, employment services and further training
- Individualized learning and employment plans
- Resume, portfolio, and interview experience
- Skills to confidently apply and prepare for further training or employment
- Transition support to employment or further training
The duration of programming is determined by your individual goals and the learning plan you create. It may range from 4 - 32 weeks.
There are eight start dates throughout the academic year.
- August 29, 2022
- September 27, 2022
- November 1, 2022
- December 5, 2022
- January 19, 2023
- February 27, 2023
- March 28, 2023
- May 2, 2023
For further information, contact Literacy and Adult Education at your local campus.