Learn in Saskatchewan, Canada
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is Saskatchewan's primary public institution for post-secondary technical education and skills training, recognized nationally and internationally for its expertise and innovation.
Saskatchewan is a destination with opportunity. The fastest growing province in Canada, Saskatchewan is located in the prairie region and has a population of more than one million people.
- Geographically in the centre of Canada, Saskatchewan is almost 600,000 square kilometres. It borders the Canadian provinces of Alberta to the west and Manitoba to the east, as well as Canada's Nunavut and Northwest Territories to the north. To the south are the American states of Montana and North Dakota.
- A place of beauty in every season, Saskatchewan receives more hours of sunshine than any other Canadian province. It has both vast stretches of golden plains and breathtaking scenery.
Education and Programs
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers over 80 credit programs for international students.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic has four locations (Saskatoon, Moose Jaw, Regina and Prince Albert) within the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs are cost effective, employer driven and have smaller class sizes that allow students plenty of interaction with instructors.
- Many of our programs are linked with degree programs so graduates can receive credit towards a university degree.
Work While You Study
- Recent changes in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) policies allow international students to use the skills obtained at Saskatchewan Polytechnic and put them to use in the Canadian work context.
- Some international students are eligible to work off campus if they meet the eligibility criteria outlined by IRCC while they study.
- Students that graduate from Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs are also eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit. This allows the student to work after graduation to gain valuable work experience in Canada.
- Saskatchewan has the most attractive Permanent Residency laws in Canada for students looking to immigrate to Canada. Visit the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program for more information.
- Graduates can also investigate options with the Canadian Experience Class for federal options for Permanent Residency.
- Upon arrival, international students are eligible to receive Saskatchewan hospital and medical coverage at no charge. You must apply for health services to receive coverage. (Prescription drugs are not covered.)
- International students are also eligible for the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Students' Association Health and Dental plan.
Regional Newcomer Gateways
Regional Newcomer Gateways are welcome centres for newcomers arriving in Saskatchewan. Whether you are coming from outside Canada or from another Canadian province, Regional Newcomer Gateways are there to help you.