Student Employment Services
Get noticed! Student Employment Services (SES) connects Saskatchewan Polytechnic students and alumni with employers.
Services for students
Student Employment Services is here to support our registered students. SES provides:
- Students with direct access to employers through career fairs, lunch and learns, presentations, and interviews.
- Student access to SES Online Job Board where employment opportunities are posted by employers. Students can sign in and complete their profile to access the job opportunities in the system. The SES Online Job Board can also be accessed by downloading the smartphone app, 'Symplicity Jobs and Careers'
- Assistance with resume review and development, cover letter review or creation, interview preparation through direct contact with SES Coordinators.
- Information about potential employers, job search tools, and labour market trends.
- Online information sessions that include recent and relevant information on employment related topics.
As a Sask Polytech student or alumni, you can book an appointment with one of our Student Employment Services team members to discuss any of these job-related topics listed above.
If you prefer to book an appointment by phone or email, please contact us.
The Career Fair will be an excellent opportunity to enhance your networking skills, meet with professionals in a wide array of fields, obtain invaluable information early in your job search, and learn more about the work world and potential areas of employment. Check out the list of registered employers when registration begins and start researching them.
Meet employers, make an impression, get the job
There are many ways to network and make an impression with employers throughout the year. Be prepared to meet virtually or in person with employers through lunch and learns, presentations and interviews in a whole new way. A combination or hybrid of virtual and in person career fairs and events will be the new norm.
Tips for students to get the most out of the career fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Have your resume with you so your information is available
- Be clean and neat in appearance
- Smile and introduce yourself when approaching the employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are
- Maintain good eye contact.
- If the conversation goes well ask about the next step in the recruitment process.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with you
- Show interest in the company
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinators can be reached by phone or email by campus location.