Student Employment Services
Get noticed! Student Employment Services (SES) connects Saskatchewan Polytechnic students and alumni with employers.
Services for students
Student Employment Services is here to support our registered students. SES provides:
- Students with direct access to employers through career fairs, lunch and learns, presentations, and interviews.
- Student access to SES Online Job Board where employment opportunities are posted by employers. Students can sign in and complete their profile to access the job opportunities in the system.
- Assistance with resume review and development, cover letter review or creation, interview preparation through direct contact with SES Coordinators.
- Information about potential employers, job search tools, and labour market trends.
- Online information sessions that include recent and relevant information on employment related topics.
Meet employers, make an impression, get the job
There are many ways to network and make an impression with employers throughout the year. Be prepared to meet virtually with employers through lunch and learns, presentations and interviews in a whole new way. Planning virtual career fairs and events will be the new norm.
Wednesday March 31, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The 2021 Sask Polytech Virtual Career Fair, presented by Student Employment Services, is a worthwhile opportunity for students to present themselves to organizations who are interested in recruiting talent before graduation. It is through this avenue that employers and students are brought together to meet for the first time.
For Employers, we are confident that you will be impressed by the talent and potential that we have at Sask Polytech and we look forward to partnering with you in the future to increase your opportunities to connect with our students. Employers Register now!
For Students, the Virtual Career Fair will be an excellent opportunity to enhance your networking skills, meet with professionals in a wide array of fields, obtain invaluable information early in your job search, and learn more about the work world and potential areas of employment. Students must pre-register to attend the event. Students Sign up here to register for the event! Check out the list of registered employers and start researching them.
Tips for students to get the most out of the virtual career fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Ensure the video and sound on your device are in working order
- Your background is easy on the eye
- No noise or disruption will interfere with the call
- Have your resume with you so your information is available
- Smile and introduce yourself when you appear to the employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are
- Maintain good eye contact.
- If the conversation goes well ask about the next step in the recruitment process.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with you
- Show interest in the company
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Contact us at email@example.com
Coordinators can be reached by phone or email by campus location.