Saskatchewan Polytechnic has more than 200 online courses, and increasingly programs are taking advantage of technology-based solutions to supplement, and even flip, the traditional classroom structure. Learning Technologies has increased capacity in order to support these programs as they implement new, user-friendly technologies.
What do we do?
We evaluate, plan and help implement new technologies with individuals, programs and across SaskPolytech.
We administer institution technology solutions, including our learning and video platforms. (A new, super-easy-to-use video platform is coming soon!)
We produce electronic and print-based documentation (course manuals and more).
How do I...?
There are several ways to obtain technology training:
- A variety of self-help services and resources are available for students and faculty. You'll find training resources on the Learning Technologies training page on mySaskPolytech.
- There is a educational technology trainer on each campus. Contact Kelvin Hu, Program Head, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our departments page for more information.
You are invited to provide input about your educational technology needs to support planning to enhance instruction and business operations. Please also inform Nicholas Crosby at email@example.com about innovative educational technology practices so they can be shared with our Saskatchewan Polytechnic community
Contact Bilal Siddiqui, Supervisor, Architecture & Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Ray Steele, Supervisor, Classroom & Video Technology, at email@example.com or talk to an AV tech in your local AV services area
If you are a student:
- Contact your instructor for content related issues.
- Contact the helpdesk for technical support.
If you are an instructor:
- Contact the faculty trainer at your campus regarding training issues. Contact Kelvin Hu, Program Head, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our departments page for more information. You can also find training resources on the Learning Technologies training page on mySaskPolytech.