Partner institutions for Saskatchewan Polytechnic student exchanges
- Founded in 1869, Otago is New Zealand's first university. It has 21,108 students by headcount (18,840 EFTS), including 2,915 international students from 100 countries (13.8% of the student population); more than 3,800 postgraduate students including 1,410 PhD students. The University employs 4,080 full-time-equivalent (FTE) staff and has annual revenue of $727.1 million.
- Shenzhen Polytechnic is a higher TVET institution invested by the Shenzhen municipal government for full-time TVET education. It focuses mainly on cultivation of applied professional talents with high standards and qualifications for the front line of production, construction, management and services. The Polytechnic currently employs 1,165 full time and 1,444 part-time teachers to work with over 24,000 full-time and 6,900 part-time students, including 485 master and 15 PhD students.
- Founded in 1977, Universidad Cuauhtémoc (Cuauhtémoc University) is a private higher education institution located in the city of Puebla. This institution has also campuses in Querétaro, San Luis Potosí, Guadalajara, Aguascalientes, Zapopan. Universidad Cuauhtémoc offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study, including business and social sciences, arts and humanities, languages, health studies, engineering, science and technology.
- The University of Colima (Universidad de Colima) is a Mexican public university with several campuses across the state of Colima. It was created on September 16, 1940 as People's University of Colima (Universidad Popular de Colima) and intended to serve the educational needs of the Michoacán, Jalisco, and Colima. The university offers options in the high school level, undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees, on the campuses of Manzanillo, Tecomán, Colima (Central and North campuses), Coquimatlán and Villa de Álvarez. The university has 40 undergraduate education programs; its academic staff consists of 427 full-time teachers, where 90.6% have graduate degrees.
- Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA) is a not for profit registered organization providing specialized health care in some of the remotest and underdeveloped parts of India. EHA has 20 hospitals and 42 projects in North and North East India. Its total bed strength is of 1417 IPD beds. In a year EHA treats about 870,687 patients and help rural mothers with 23,657 safe child deliveries. About 95,647 people receive appropriate in-patient services, 29,306 people receive surgical interventions.205 doctors and about 2500 trained paramedical staff work for EHA.
International travel and learning opportunities for Saskatchewan Polytechnic students
October - December 2019
- Nursing practicum/study mission to the University of Colima, Colima, Mexico – for Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing program students.
- Culinary Arts study tour to Universidad Cuauhtémoc, Puebla, Mexico – for Culinary Arts students.
Short term Study abroad to Shenzhen Polytechnic, Shenzhen, China
Saskatchewan Polytechnic and Shenzhen Polytechnic are providing a short term study abroad opportunity to Sask Polytech students. Shenzhen Polytechnic is the #1 ranked technical college in China. Shenzhen is considered the Silicon Valley of Asia, and is home to many prominent Chinese industries. Shenzhen Polytechnic develops students with applied professional talents, high standards and qualifications to support the growing manufacturing and technical industries in China.
The program visit will include, but not limited to the following:
- Chinese language course for beginners
- Local crafts, Kung Fu, Chinese cuisine and traditional culture
- Training in engineering & computer science
- Joint activities with Chinese students
- Participate and engage with Chinese business (Huawei and Xiaomi)
- Shenzhen Polytechnic will provide the participant with a Certificate of Achievement
- Study mission to University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand – programs to be determined.
- Nursing practicum/study mission to Emmanuel Hospital Association, Herbertpur, Dehradun, India.
Students may apply for the International Travel Mobility Award ($1,000) to cover part of their travel costs.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.