The School of Continuing Education exists to help Saskatchewan prepare for and respond to the changing nature of work in an era of unprecedented change and disruption. We focus on ensuring Saskatchewan’s future workforce has the skills required to meet the challenges and opportunities that are here now and will arrive in the future.
We help professionals, employers and people looking for a career change to be resilient in the face of transformation and gain the skills they need to adapt and succeed in the workforce. The School of Continuing Education brings together our internal expertise to advance professional development programs, corporate training and micro-credential offerings. Courses are market-driven and consistently updated to reflect emerging trends and best practices.
Why Continuing Education for individuals?
- Increase your job opportunities
- Increase your salary potential
- Increase your ability to transition careers
- Develop new skills
- Develop a new interest
- Broaden your horizons
- Keep pace with industry trends and changes
- Improve your job performance
- Improve your image
- Increase your job satisfaction
Why Continuing Education for business?
- Create a highly skilled workforce
- Increase employee technology skills
- Address your businesses’ skills gap
- Improve employee retention
- Increase your company knowledge
- More engaged employees
- Meet your client’s needs
- Improve productivity
- Improve profitability
- Maintain a competitive edge
- Identify and develop potential leaders
Benefits of working with Sask Polytech and the School of Continuing Education
- Access to subject matter experts in a variety of fields and industries throughout the province
- A strong reputable brand in post-secondary training
- A member of Polytechnics Canada and connection with other polytechnics across the country
- A team of consultants who specialize in conducting needs assessments, developing training and selecting delivery methods
- A team of trained specialists who offer career, aptitude and skills assessment services
- Access to a high-tech online learning management system that allows for training regardless of geographical limitations
- Custom options for registration and a full enrollment services team to support end users
- Campus locations in four cities – Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert and Moose Jaw and access to a variety of face-to-face training options
- Opportunities to collaborate on applied research projects to help address business challenges
- A full finance team to support budget development, contract review and invoicing
- A responsive team of in-house developers, program and content experts to build training
- A complete audio visual team that provides presentation services, event management, video production and audio visual and media services
- A full marketing team available to assist with advertising, promotion and media relations
- Learner services including counselors, cultural supports, tutoring, accommodations and assistive technology solutions
For more information, contact ConEd@saskpolytech.ca.
Dean, School of Continuing Education
Whether you are an employer seeking to increase your employees’ skills or an individual looking for a career change, Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s School of Continuing Education is here to meet your needs.
No matter where you are on your learning journey, Sask Polytech can help. Not only does the School of Continuing Education offer short courses, distance learning and online programs to accommodate your busy lifestyle; our courses are market-driven and consistently updated to reflect emerging trends and best practices. In addition, Continuing Education brings together a vast array of expertise across many industry spectrums to advance professional development programs, corporate training and micro-credential offerings.
Recognizing that we are in an era of rapid change and that the nature of work is constantly changing, we want to assure you that our instructors and staff are committed to ensuring your success and in helping you achieve your goals. The School of Continuing Education offers a full range of support services that are tailored to your needs.
As an employer, a highly trained workforce is more engaged and motivated and will have a better understanding of how to meet your customers’ needs. As an individual, additional training will allow you to improve performance, deepen your knowledge and become even more marketable.
Please take a look at our website and what the School of Continuing Education has to offer. Call or email us today.
We look forward to having you join us!
Paul Carter joined Sask Polytech in 2017 after holding several positions in post-secondary institutions across Canada. He is passionate about student success and serving the evolving needs of Saskatchewan industries.
DIRECTOR, Training solutions
Gerry Youzwa is proud to work and lead Program Innovation and Development and oversee the Corporate Training Solutions area within the School of Continuing Education. Her team is responsible for corporate and government contract training and partnership development. Gerry has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and several years' experience working in training and partnership development. She joined Sask Polytech in 2018.
Gerry is a high-integrity, energetic leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit, focused on creating successful outcomes for stakeholders and learners.
Academic Chair, Flexible Learning
As Academic Chair of Flexible Learning in the School of Continuing Education, Faye works closely with a team of Continuing Education Consultants and Administrators overseeing a variety of courses and program areas. In collaboration with all Schools in Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Faye and her team strive to flexibly deliver new and existing programs that enhance educational accessibility in non-traditional ways. Faye is a Registered Nurse with a Masters Degree in Adult Education. Faye is dedicated to strengthening relationships and clarifying processes within Sask Polytech, with external stakeholders, and with students.
Academic Chair, Training Solutions
Winston Blake holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts Degree and a designation as a Chartered Mediator. Winston has over two decades of experience in adult education, senior management, and program development in Alberta and Saskatchewan. He was the driving force behind creating community-based organizations dedicated to supporting youth, families, and communities in his early career. Winston lives in Saskatoon with his spouse, three children, and their golden retriever.
Michele Ellingsen Ailsby
Manager, Innovative Training Solutions
Michele and her team are passionate about supporting individuals to reach their goals and to create great experiences for them along the way. In working primarily with initiatives that remove barriers for people, Michele’s team plays an important role in ensuring that education can be part of anyone’s journey and that the province of Saskatchewan is filled with a diverse labour market to support the growing economy in a wide variety of sectors. Michele also works with the CFLPA and CFLAA, ensuring that members and their spouses are supported in their career goals. Working to create partnerships and finding ways to give back to the community (both small and large) are pieces of this role that Michele is extremely grateful for. Michele has a Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology and is a Certified Counsellor. She is highly creative and is always looking for new ways to support individuals in reaching their goals. Michele has been with Saskatchewan Polytechnic since 2010.
Manager, Flexible Learning
Stephanie Mulhall is the Manager of Flexible Learning with the School of Continuing Education. Stephanie is passionate about creating access and opportunity for students in higher education. She has led strategic planning, accreditation and workforce planning processes, student transition, assessment, and evaluation. She has had the great pleasure to work with and learn from both the International Students and Study Abroad Centre, as well as the Aboriginal Students’ Centre in her previous roles. Stephanie graduated with distinction from the University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Education and went on to complete her Master's in Educational Administration.
Her areas of interest, study and publication include student perception, teaching evaluation, internationalization, accreditation processes and data-informed decision-making in higher education. She loves baking, gardening, and running after her rambunctious toddler.
Senior Project Manager
Marnie Dunham has a Master’s Certificate in Project Management and is completing her Masters in Administration, Leadership. She also has a Bachelor’s in Kinesiology, holds a PMP designation, and is a certified Change Manager. With close to two decades in delivering flexible, credit, and non-credit course in an online learning environment, Marnie is passionate about the difference education plays in the life of the learner and our communities.