The School of Continuing Education exists to help Saskatchewan prepare for and respond to the changing nature of work in an era of unprecedented change and disruption. We focus on ensuring Saskatchewan’s future workforce has the skills required to meet the challenges and opportunities that are here now and will arrive in the future.
We help professionals, employers and people looking for a career change to be resilient in the face of transformation and gain the skills they need to adapt and succeed in the workforce. The School of Continuing Education brings together our internal expertise to advance professional development programs, corporate training and micro-credential offerings. Courses are market-driven and consistently updated to reflect emerging trends and best practices.
Why Continuing Education for individuals?
- Increase your job opportunities
- Increase your salary potential
- Increase your ability to transition careers
- Develop new skills
- Develop a new interest
- Broaden your horizons
- Keep pace with industry trends and changes
- Improve your job performance
- Improve your image
- Increase your job satisfaction
Why Continuing Education for business?
- Create a highly skilled workforce
- Increase employee technology skills
- Address your businesses’ skills gap
- Improve employee retention
- Increase your company knowledge
- More engaged employees
- Meet your client’s needs
- Improve productivity
- Improve profitability
- Maintain a competitive edge
- Identify and develop potential leaders
Benefits of working with Sask Polytech and the School of Continuing Education
- Access to subject matter experts in a variety of fields and industries throughout the province
- A strong reputable brand in post-secondary training
- A member of Polytechnics Canada and connection with other polytechnics across the country
- A team of consultants who specialize in conducting needs assessments, developing training and selecting delivery methods
- A team of trained specialists who offer career, aptitude and skills assessment services
- Access to a high-tech online learning management system that allows for training regardless of geographical limitations
- Custom options for registration and a full enrollment services team to support end users
- Campus locations in four cities – Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert and Moose Jaw and access to a variety of face-to-face training options
- Opportunities to collaborate on applied research projects to help address business challenges
- A full finance team to support budget development, contract review and invoicing
- A responsive team of in-house developers, program and content experts to build training
- A complete audio visual team that provides presentation services, event management, video production and audio visual and media services
- A full marketing team available to assist with advertising, promotion and media relations
- Learner services including counselors, cultural supports, tutoring, accommodations and assistive technology solutions
Dean, School of Continuing Education
Whether you are an employer seeking to increase your employees’ skills or an individual looking for a career change, Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s School of Continuing Education is here to meet your needs.
No matter where you are on your learning journey, Sask Polytech can help. Not only does the School of Continuing Education offer short courses, distance learning and online programs to accommodate your busy lifestyle; our courses are market-driven and consistently updated to reflect emerging trends and best practices. In addition, Continuing Education brings together a vast array of expertise across many industry spectrums to advance professional development programs, corporate training and micro-credential offerings.
Recognizing that we are in an era of rapid change and that the nature of work is constantly changing, I want to assure you that our instructors and staff are committed to ensuring your success and in helping you achieve your goals. The School of Continuing Education offers a full range of support services that are tailored to your needs.
As an employer, a highly trained workforce is more engaged and motivated and will have a better understanding of how to meet your customers’ needs. As an individual, additional training will allow you to improve performance, deepen your knowledge and become even more marketable.
Please take a look at our website and what the School of Continuing Education has to offer. Call or email us today.
We look forward to having you join us!
I joined Sask Polytech in 2017 after holding several positions in post-secondary institutions across Canada. I am passionate about student success and serving the evolving needs of Saskatchewan industries.
Director, School of Continuing Education
Our goal in the School of Continuing Education is to meet you at any point in your learning journey. I encourage you to scan our A-Z course listing and courses by category page to see all of the individual course options Sask Polytech offers, many of which can be taken online and on your schedule. The School of Continuing Education also strives to work alongside the business community to customize training programs to help meet learners’ needs in the ever-changing learning environment. As director, I oversea both the flexible learning division and the corporate training team. I know first-hand how committed our staff are to help you and your business find success. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
I’ve been in my role as director since 2017. Prior to that I worked as an instructor in the School of Business and as a Continuing Education Consultant. I have a degree in Business Administration and a master’s degree in Public Relations.
Academic Chair, School of Continuing Education
I’m proud to work and lead Program Innovation and Development, and oversee the Corporate Training Solutions area within the School of Continuing Education. Our team is responsible for corporate and government contract training and partnership development. I am a high-integrity, energetic leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit, focused on creating successful outcomes for stakeholders and learners.
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and several years’ experience working in training and partnership development. I have worked at Sask Polytech since 2018.
Flexible Learning Manager, School of Continuing Education
In my role at the School of Continuing Education, I am responsible for the leadership, planning, management, implementation and integration of flexible learning programs and courses. I am committed to lifelong learning and putting learners first so they can advance their learning, life and career goals.
I have a degree in Business Administration from the University of Regina and spent seven years working in Human Resources before transitioning into this leadership role. I have worked at Sask Polytech since 2017.