Frequently Asked Questions for International Students
- Who is an international student?
- Where is the International Student Office?
- What programs admit international students?
- How do I apply to a program as an international student?
Be sure to read up on Learning in Saskatchewan items of interest in Saskatchewan Polytechnic and Saskatchewan.
- What are the English language requirements?
- When is the application deadline for international students?
After May 1, international students will be unable to apply for several programs that have been filled with a waitlist. Applications for these programs will reopen in mid-September for the next September intake.
As many of our programs fill up quickly, please apply far in advance of our deadlines. We begin accepting applications in September for programs that start in September of the following year.
For those programs with January intakes, you should apply by October 1.
- Do international student need to send original documents when applying?
Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr.
Registration Services, International Admissions
- Do my transcripts have to be translated into English?
- How much is the tuition?
- Are there any programs with a January intake?
Business Management post graduate certificate
Business programs in Moose Jaw
Commercial Pilot in Saskatoon
Hairstylist in Prince Albert
Office Administration program in Regina and Prince Albert
All other programs start students in the fall.
- Does Saskatchewan Polytechnic offer any post-graduate certificates?
- Does Saskatchewan Polytechnic offer financial aid packages and/or scholarships for international students?
- Does Saskatchewan Polytechnic have student residences to accommodate international students?
No. Please visit the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Housing Registry for a list of accommodation options.
Canada Homestay Network is pleased to offer homestay to Saskatchewan Polytechnic students studying in Saskatoon. Live with a Canadian family while you complete your studies, learn about Canadian culture, and make lifelong friends. Upon acceptance at Saskatchewan Polytechnic, complete the online application.
- Can I work while I am a student?
- Can I work in Canada after I graduate?
- Am I eligible to immigrate to Canada following my studies?
- Can I get some help settling into life in Canada and studying at Saskatchewan Polytechnic?
Yes! As an international student, you can access to support services that include:
- arrival orientation
- pre-departure preparations
As a Saskatchewan Polytechnic student, you can access student services. Some of the services include:
- parking and transit
- Can I get health insurance and how much will it cost?
Yes! In Saskatchewan, health insurance is free with proof of a study permit.
- How much does it cost to live in Saskatchewan?
Approximate expenses per academic year are:
- Accommodation, utilities and food: $9,200
- local transportation: $600
- clothing: $700
- computer labs, typing, duplicating: $250
- Does Saskatchewan Polytechnic have tutors in place if I require extra help?
As a student, you can also access many other services offered at Saskatchewan Polytechnic, such as - access counselling services, conversational partners, students' association assistance and connections to external volunteer organizations.