By 2020, our expertise in responsive applied education and research that meet student and market needs will make us globally recognized as the first-choice polytechnic in Canada.
We have four strategic themes that build on our strategic differentiators, respond to our clients’ needs and help us achieve our vision.
#1 Making successful careers possible
We are in the business of helping our clients—students and employers—be successful. Our flexible, lifelong learning opportunities allow students and graduates to take charge of their careers and support continuing skills development.
#2 Advancing economic and social prosperity
As Saskatchewan’s only polytechnic school, we are uniquely positioned to make significant contributions to the province’s economic and social prosperity. We advance strategic partnerships and alliances with industry, other educational institutions and government to benefit our clients.
#3 Pursuing excellence in program quality and innovation
We work with employers to solve problems, to stay current with industry needs and to enhance student learning opportunities.
#4 Leading organizational effectiveness
We deliver programs and services effectively and sustainably. We attract and retain the best employees and communicate effectively throughout our organization.
To educate students and provide skilled and successful graduates.
We care about one another and about our workplace. We foster an open and inclusive environment that embraces diverse cultures, heritages and opinions; we learn, work and support each other as one team.
We are committed to being accountable and transparent. We are honest with one another. We hold ourselves to high standards of ethical behaviour and take responsibility for our actions.
We work, live and learn in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. We support the health, safety and overall well-being of our students, employees and partners. We are conscientious stewards of our resources and continuously look for entrepreneurial and creative ways to strengthen and improve our organization. These considerations underlie all our actions, behaviours and decisions.
We go above and beyond what is normally expected to achieve excellence in our teaching, in our programming, in our learning and in our services. We accomplish this by maintaining high standards, strong competencies, committed partnerships and by being responsive and accessible.
As stated in Section 4 of The Saskatchewan Polytechnic Act (pdf), Saskatchewan Polytechnic may provide:
- courses and programs of study, instruction or training, and related services, in academic, scientific, trade, technical, technological and vocational fields of education;
- subject to The Degree Authorization Act, university programs, by agreement and on the basis agreed to with any university within or outside Saskatchewan;
- courses or programs of instruction or training that have been determined to be required with respect to a trade pursuant to The Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Act, 1999;
- courses, programs and seminars of a continuing education nature;
- credit programs through a regional college as defined in The Regional Colleges Act;
- student services, career counselling, adult basic education, language training, literacy programming, and newcomer integration services;
- training and services, including applied research, to governments, corporations, persons or other bodies with respect to courses, programs and related services that the polytechnic provides or expertise or facilities it possesses, on any terms that the polytechnic considers appropriate;
- services to encourage and support scholarly activity related to programs of study provided by the polytechnic;
- any other post-secondary education and training-related functions or activities that may be prescribed in the regulations (pdf).