Faculty Awards for Excellence: Teaching
As a recognized leader in the development and delivery of skills and technical training, Saskatchewan Polytechnic owes its success to the individual and collective efforts of its faculty and staff. Our faculty award program recognizes excellence in service and innovation as a significant component to making our institution a key contributor to Saskatchewan's economic and social development. The Faculty Awards for Excellence: Teaching are intended to recognize, acknowledge, and reward Sask Polytech faculty for outstanding teaching.
Award winners are profiled in the president’s newsletter and are featured on our website.
To be eligible, nominees must be current faculty with at least four recent years of teaching experience with the organization. The nomination must demonstrate excellence in teaching as per the nomination criteria. Previous winners cannot be re-nominated for the award.
What you need to know for the 2023 awards
- Up to five Saskatchewan Polytechnic awards for recognition of excellence in teaching will be awarded at convocation.
- Each award recipient will receive a framed medal and $1,000 for professional development expenditure.
- Recipients will be profiled in Saskatchewan Polytechnic publications.
- Recipients will participate in the Provost's Excellence in Teaching sessions hosted by the Instructional and Leadership Development Centre in academic year 2023-24 to share their expertise (i.e., via a session, particpation in a video interview or podcast, or via a micro-resource).
- Nominations can be put forward by students as well as colleagues.
- Part-time and full-time faculty, who have worked a minimum of four years at Saskatchewan Polytechnic can be nominated.
- The nominator is responsible for securing the letters of support and submission of the complete nomination package.
- Selection committee consists of three faculty, a student, two senior leadership assembly (SLA) members or academic chair, an HR member, one previous recipient and the director of ILDC (chair).
Nomination Criteria & Package
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching based upon the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Instructor Competencies.
- The Nomination Form should first be typed into a Word document and then copied and pasted once all the information has been completed. If you have trouble accessing and filling out the nomination form, you can request a Word document version from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The PDF submission must contain:
- a letter of support from a student or students
- supporting letter from the dean/associate dean/academic chair.
- signed Nominee Acceptance Form
The deadline for nominations is March 3, 2023.
Email the letters of support and to email@example.com.