Are you looking for work and a career? Do you need to refresh and build your skills? Career Enhancement is a sponsored program designed to provide the essential tools you need to transition to work and a successful career. Build the knowledge, skills and confidence to find a rewarding job, advance your career and increase your success in further training.
During your 20-week program you will have the opportunity to:
- build fundamental digital/computer and keyboarding skills;
- assess your skills, interests, values and personal style;
- research the occupations and jobs that most interest you;
- set meaningful and realistic career goals;
- refresh the essential skills most relevant to your career goals;
- develop the tools you need to conduct a successful job search;
- add a variety of professional development achievements to your portfolio of skills; and
- work with a local employer.
For the final component of your Career Enhancement program you will benefit from Sask Polytech’s strong connection with employers and industry. You will work on-site with a local employer, in exchange for training, skill development, networking, and the opportunity to be considered for current and future employment opportunities.
Career Enhancement is currently offered and supported only through contractual arrangements with Saskatchewan Ministry of Immigration and Career Training and WCB. To be eligible, you must:
- be unemployed or working less than full-time;
- have completed an active job search, and face barriers to obtaining or maintaining employment;
- be at least 16 years of age;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be a Saskatchewan resident; and
- have an overall CAEL score of 60 with a minimum score of 50 in each component OR completed LINC programming at SaskPolytech (CLB Level 8).
If approved to attend, your tuition costs are paid and you may be eligible for financial support while attending the program.
- November 30, 2020 – April 30, 2021
- March 15, 2021 – July 30, 2021
Interested candidates will be required to complete pre-program assessments prior to entry.
If you are interested in this program, contact Labour Market Services at 1-833-613-0485 email@example.com; a WCB Vocational Counsellor at 1-800-667-7590 or Michele Ellingsen Ailsby, Program Head, at 306-775-7459 or firstname.lastname@example.org