Adult 10 opens doors to job training programs.
The Adult 10 program is an important step up the career ladder, whether you want to continue your education or move into the workforce.
The Adult 10 credential is recognized by technical and trades schools, apprenticeship training, and employers as being equivalent to Grade 10. A Certificate of Standing is issued by the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training. Programs offered at Sask Polytech for which you would prepare are:
- Agricultural Equipment Technician certificate
- Auto Body Technician certificate
- Automotive Painter applied certificate
- Carpentry certificate
- Esthetician-Nail Technician certificate of achievement
- Esthetician-Skin Care Technician certificate
- Health Care Cook certificate
- Leadership Skills certificate of achievement
- Machinist certificate
- Parts Management Technician certificate
- Professional Cooking certificate
- Retail Meat Technician certificate
- Security Officer applied certificate
- Welding certificate
A complete Adult 10 program consists of courses in:
- Social Sciences
- Life/Work Studies
The program helps you:
- improve your communication, math, science and social science skills;
- learn how to think critically and make informed decisions; and
- explore personal growth and life-long learning in life/work studies.
CLB 6 is a pre-requisite.
Contact Literacy and Adult Education to arrange for an intake assessment, or to discuss program details.