The Adult 12 program provides adult learners the secondary credit courses required for entrance into universities and polytechnics. The Adult 12 credential is recognized by post-secondary institutions and employers.
Adult 12 courses
A complete Adult 12 (secondary completion) consists of:
- English Language Arts A30
- English Language Arts B30
- One level 30 Canadian Studies course
- One level 20 or level 30 science
- One level 20 or level 30 mathematics
- Plus 2 electives at the 30 level (one credit may be granted for work experience)
Students who already have credits at the 20- or 30-level from other Saskatchewan schools can apply eligible credits toward their Adult 12 completion.
Credits earned outside Saskatchewan may also contribute toward Adult 12 completion.
Adult students are not required to have 10- or 20-level prerequisites before enrolling in 30-level classes, but the prerequisites are strongly recommended to ensure sufficient skill development for successful completion. CLB 8 is a pre-requisite.
- Our programming is tuition free. Textbooks are loaned to students while attending classes. Textbooks must be returned upon completion or leaving.
- Depending on your career goal, the education requirements will vary. You are the creator of your education plan; we have staff available to coach and assist you in developing that plan.
- Students currently enrolled in LINC cannot register for daytime or evening courses.
Daytime and evening programming
Students may obtain their Grade 12 standing or attend only those courses needed as pre-requisites for entrance into post-secondary programs offered by Sask Polytech and other institutions. Full or part-time options are available.
Contact Literacy and Adult Education to arrange for an intake assessment, or to discuss program details.