Emergency Notification System
Saskatchewan Polytechnic uses an emergency notification system (ENS) to quickly send out critical information in the event of an emergency or campus closure. The emergency notification system includes: email, social media, VoIP phone, desktop notification and the mobile Alertus smartphone app.
Alertus Smartphone App
This Alertus app allows students, faculty and staff to receive emergency notifications and campus closure messages in a timely manner to their Android or iOS tablets or smartphones. It's easy to install and is available at no cost.
To download the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Select the appropriate link for your smartphone or tablet below:
- Select get and install.
- Once the download is complete, open the app.
- You should see the Organization Setup page.
- Enter “Saskpolytech” for the organization code, select next and register.
- Click on my subscriptions, choose your city, click done.
- It's not necessary to complete the profile page. If you do choose to complete this information, it will only reside on your phone and not be accessed by Alertus or Sask Polytech.
- Successful installation will be indicated with a message that says: Your device is set up and will receive alerts sent by: Saskatchewan Polytechnic on the main app screen.
- For iPhone users, in your app settings, check notifications to ensure the Persistent banners option is selected.
Contact your campus Health Safety & Security manager with questions.