ACCUPLACER Testing for Literacy and Adult Education
ACCUPLACER is a testing system that measures skills in reading, writing and math. ACCUPLACER is not used to assess social or science admission requirements.
The Department of Literacy and Adult Education offers ACCUPLACER testing through the Sask Polytech Test Centres. This computerized test uses information you supply at the beginning of the test to determine which question should be your first question. If your response to the first question is correct, the software will select a more difficult question for you. If your response is incorrect, the software will select a less difficult question for you. When you have answered a series of 17 to 20 questions, the software determines your score.
- You must be either 18 years of age and out of school for 1 complete year or 19+ years of age.
- If your first learned language is not English, you may be asked to provide proof of language proficiency.
- Current LINC students must be enrolled in CLB 8 to write the ACCUPLACER.
- The test is
free for Sask Polytech applicants and students. For the general public, there is a fee of $25 per module for testing.
You can study for this test. The College Board Web-based ACCUPLACER study app features “Learn As You Go” tests with an explanation of correct or incorrect responses. These sample tests give you an idea of what the actual test will be like on test day. This app is strongly recommended. The site also provides valuable information, addresses questions and offers other resources.
You are also welcome to contact Learning Services or use these other sites for preparation:
- Helps with calculation and algebra skills.
- Several useful practice tests.
- Provides video tutorials in mathematics.
About the ACCUPLACER TEST
- Assessments are done on a computer and are multiple choice questions.
- These exams have no time limit, but typically take between 45 to 60 minutes per module to complete.
- You must bring:
- Valid picture id (e.g. driver’s license, passport or status card)
- Your current address with postal code and phone number
- The results for each section are shown as a score out of 120. The score you receive is not a percentage.
- Your ACCUPLACER test is administered in a Sask Polytech Test Centres. You must read all of the Test Centre information about test taking and test day responsibilities in advance of your test.
After Your ACCUPLACER TEST
- Your exam will be marked automatically.
- Your ACCUPLACER results are valid for two years.
After you complete your test, call 306-691-8282 or stop by the Department of Literacy and Adult Education at the Moose Jaw campus, room 2.305, to schedule an intake interview with an Educational Counsellor.
At your intake interview, you'll complete an application form and discuss your educational and career goals. When you attend your interview, bring the following:
- Your high-school transcript(s);
- Your ACCUPLACER results;
- Your Social Insurance and Saskatchewan Health Card numbers; and
- Your personal contact information (home address and telephone number).
Call 306-691-8282 for more information.
- Tests are scheduled on designated Wednesdays. Test takers are accepted on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Arrive no later than 1:30 p.m. The room number will be posted at the main entrance of the Academic Building, 1500-10th Avenue East.
- Testing begins promptly at 2 p.m.
- Seating is limited to the first 18 people.
Call 306-765-1717 for more information before attending an ACCUPLACER assessment.
Tests and info sessions are scheduled on Thursdays in room 400 at either:
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (test first)
- 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (info session first)
For more information:
- Visit Regina campus in room 245 or
- 306-775-7489 (daytime and evening)
- 306-775-7463 (evening information, recorded message)
Call 306-659-5702 for more information.