Note: The winter 2021 Regina intake of this program is suspended.
The goal of the program is to prepare internationally-educated graduates with degrees in information and communications technology for the fields of data analysis and machine learning. Humans have always wanted to better understand the massive amounts of currently available and newly gathered data and what that means for future potential.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics is the power to analyze and learn about large amounts of data from multiple sources and detect patterns to make future trend predictions. Business and industry benefits from predictive analytics to make decisions about production, marketing and development.
You will study:
- cost and benefit estimation for process change
- conversion of business questions into data mining problems
- enterprise data architecture and associated technologies
- strategies to leverage the popular data science language Python
- importance of business intelligence to the modern enterprise
- application of artificial intelligence (AI) application programming interfaces (APIs) to business applications
- application of algorithms to make predictions that form the foundation of machine learning
- ethical issues surrounding big data
- emerging application of AI to common business areas