English for Success Level 2 (ENGL-1803)
This course advances your academic English using reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. Learners will be able to apply effective study skills and strategies for success in an academic environment. In order to succeed in post-secondary studies, students will master skills in:
• writing for different purposes (reports, summary/response essays, problem/solution essays)
• summarizing, paraphrasing & citation
• researching online & print resources
• avoiding plagiarism
• delivering oral presentations
• analyzing reading
• taking effective notes
• using critical thinking & problem solving
• correcting grammatical issues
• creating reference lists and annotated bibliographies
This course does not have any current offerings. Please check back for new course dates after June 1. For more information, please contact ConEd@saskpolytech.ca
Saskatchewan Polytechnic reserves the right to revise or cancel programs or make other changes as Saskatchewan Polytechnic deems necessary at any time.
You may also be interested in...English for Success Level 1English as a Second LanguageSuccessful OnboardingEnglish Language Arts A30English Language Arts B30
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: At this time, international program students are unable to register online for Flexible Learning courses. Please see your Program Head to discuss your academic needs. International student tuition rates and fees will apply.