Dual Credit for Adult 12 and Early Childhood Education Level 1 Certificate
Are you an Adult 12 student interested in pursuing a career as an early learning educator? Are you thinking about it but want to be sure first? The Adult 12 and Early Childhood Education Level 1 certificate dual credit stream allows you to earn ECE courses and get experience working in an early childhood setting even as you are enrolled in, and earning credits for, your Adult 12. If you proceed to a diploma program, you will have saved money and time and will have practical job experience.
- 16 weeks: 300 hours within the 800 hours of the Adult 12 program
- You earn a Saskatchewan Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Level 1 certificate while enrolled in, and earning elective credits for your Adult 12
- You earn industry required safety certifications
- You gain work experience and references through four weeks of work placements
- There is no cost to attend
- Participants may qualify for financial assistance through the Provincial Training Allowance
- Three ECE courses that provide you a Level 1 Certification by the Government of Saskatchewan
- First Aid/CPR and WHMIS certification
- Food Safe certification
- Completion of practicum/work experience
Criteria for application
- Must complete a Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must submit an Expression of Interest
There is a limit of 15 participants chosen from among eligible applicants.
Delivery dates and locations
2021-22 programs start January 17, 2022.
- Delivered online to Adult 12 students in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina and Saskatoon.
Delivery dates, locations and forms for 2022-23 will be available in the new year.
For further information, contact Literacy and Adult Education at your local campus.