Special Admission using ACCUPLACER
Applicants who do not possess the academic qualifications for a program may be admitted if evidence of probable success is established through a special admission assessment.
Special admission does not apply to designated high-demand programs.
Program applicants are automatically considered for special admission through ACCUPLACER, our official special admission assessment tool for testing various math and English skills.
ACCUPLACER is a testing system that measures skills in reading, writing and math.
ACCUPLACER cannot assess social or science admission requirements to a program. Social and science requirements must be met through specific high-school courses or their approved alternatives.
The ACCUPLACER cut scores for each program are listed on the relevant program web page.
You can study for this test. The College Board Web-based ACCUPLACER study app features “Learn As You Go” tests with an explanation of correct or incorrect responses. These sample tests give you an idea of what the actual test will be like on test day. This app is strongly recommended. The site also provides valuable information, addresses questions and offers other resources.
You are also welcome to contact Learning Services or use these other sites for preparation:
- Helps with calculation and algebra skills.
- Several useful practice tests.
- Prepares you to take the elementary algebra test.
- Provides video tutorials in mathematics.
About the ACCUPLACER TEST
- Assessments are done on a computer and are multiple choice questions.
- You are given three hours to complete the assessment. The average time to complete the test is 1.5 hours.
- You must bring:
- Valid picture id (e.g. driver’s license or passport)
- Your current address with postal code and phone number
- The results for each section are shown as a score out of 120. The score you receive is not a percentage.
- Your ACCUPLACER test is administered in a Sask Polytech Test Centres. You must read all of the Test Centre information about test taking and test day responsibilities in advance of your test.
Book Your ACCUPLACER Test
After Your ACCUPLACER Test
- Your exam will be marked automatically and you will receive your results at the end of the test.
- Your ACCUPLACER results are valid for two years.
- If you request, you can review your results with Learning Services. Although Learning Services does not have access to your specific test questions and answers, they can discuss your scores with you.
- As a Sask Polytech applicant, your ACCUPLACER results are automatically sent to Enrolment Services. If you meet the required cut score for the program you applied for, and if all other admission requirements have been met, you will receive a letter of acceptance. If the program is full, you would be placed on a wait list.
More questions about ACCUPLACER Testing? Check out these frequently asked questions.