Current Research Projects
- Accessing and navigating the Saskatchewan healthcare system: Lived experiences of newcomers to Canada.
- Assessing the mental health support needs for Indigenous adolescents residing in northern Saskatchewan: A community based participatory action research study exploring the potential use of virtual reality technology to promote mental health and wellbeing.
- Assessing the mental health support needs for Indigenous adolescents residing in rural and remote Sask: A mixed methods study exploring the potential of virtual reality technology.
Building meaningful relationships with Indigenous communities to promote equitable access to mental health services for Indigenous youth.
Determining the Feasibility of Engaging Patients as Partners in the SCBScN Program Curriculum.
- Determining what skills, knowledge and experience are needed to prepare nursing students to prescribe medications.
Development of an innovative digital application for use by frontline law enforcement, nurse, and paramedic personnel in assessment of mental health and moral distress.
- Examining the inter-examiner variance and reliability of vOSCEs in an Undergraduate Nursing Program.
Exploring the use of virtual reality technology to promote mental health and well-being of Indigenous adolescents and young adults in rural and remote Saskatchewan.
- Health matters for international students: (In)equities with online support during COVID-19
- Knowing the Rural Community: A Framework for Rural and Remote Nurses in Canada.
- Lessons Learned Upon Returning to School During COVID19.
- Lived Experiences of Paramedics During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Lived experiences of Saskatchewan police officers during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Meditative Policing: A Qualitative Study Exploring the Value of Virtual Wellness Practices for Law Enforcement.
- Nursing Students Lived Experience of Mental Health and Wellness during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Radiation Hormesis as a Therapeutic Measure to Mitigate Parkinson’s Disease Progression.
- Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner Education Program Accreditation Effectiveness: Development of a Pan-Canadian Measure.
- Strategies for Poverty Reduction in Moose Jaw.
- Saskatchewan Farmer and Rancher Mental Health (FARMh) Initiative.
- The ethical challenges for frontline health and law enforcement professionals during COVID-19.
- The ethical challenges for frontline health and law enforcement professionals during COVID-19: A secondary analysis.
- The experience of Canadian nurses during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The experience of COVID-19 in Saskatchewan: The knowledge translation plan.
- The experience of Clinical Educators during the COVID-19 pandemic in Saskatchewan.
- The Lived Experience of Older Adults in Saskatchewan during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- The Lived Experiences of Older Adults Socially Isolating During the Covid-19 Pandemic in Saskatchewan.
- The Lived Experiences of Seniors Socially Isolating During the Covid-19 Pandemic in Saskatchewan.
- The Impact of COVID-19 Knowledge Support on Rural and Remote Saskatchewan Nurses’ Mental Health.
- The Role of the Friendly Phone Program on Older Adults’ Experiences of Loneliness and Mood