Copyright-Related Web Sites
- Michael Geist's blog - Michael Geist's blog focuses on Canadian copyright law, privacy, and other issues. Dr. Geist is a law professor at the University of Ottawa where he holds the Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce Law.
- Excess Copyright - Howard Knopf's personal blog comments about the excess in Canadian and International copyright, trademark, and patent law. Howard Knopf practices in the area of IP (Intellectual Property) law in Ottawa.
- Sam Trosow's blog - Sam Trosow is an Associate Professor at the University of Western Ontario jointly
appointed to the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Information and Media Studies (FIMS).
He has co-authored a book on Canadian copyright.
- CAUT - Canadian Association of University Teachers: Intellectual Property Issues and Campaigns
- Copyright Information Centre - [via the Canadian Library Association]
- CIPPIC - Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic
- Access Copyright - Access Copyright is a Canadian copyright collective. Saskatchewan Polytechnic does not currently use the licensing / tariff options available through this collective.
- New Copyright Modernization Act - Bill C-11
- Previous legislation Bill C-42 (prior to November 7th, 2012)
- Alberta (Education) v. CCLA (Access Copyright) - K-12 tariff, Supreme Court of Canada decision, July 2012.
- CCH vs. LSUC law case - The landmark fair dealing case, Supreme Court decision in 2004.
- Copyright Board of Canada - Copyright Board tariffs, decisions, etc.
- Bill C-32 (2009) - Proposed update to copyright law
- Bill C-61 (2008) - Proposed update to copyright law - died on order papers in 2008
- Bill C-60 (2005) - Proposed update to copyright law - died on order papers in 2005
Books on Copyright
Geist, M. (ed.). (2013). The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law . Ottawa, ON: University of Ottawa Press. (Also available online through a Creative Commons license)
Geist, M (ed.). (2010). From "Radical Extremism" to "Balanced Copyright": Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda. Toronto, ON: Irwin Law Inc. (Also available online through a Creative Commons license)
Murray, L. and Trosow, S. (2007). Canadian Copyright: A Citizen's Guide. Toronto, ON: Between the lines.
Tamaro, N. (2010). The 2011 Annotated Copyright Act. Toronto, ON: Carswell.
Vaver, D. (2011). Intellectual property: Copyright, patents trademarks. Toronto, ON: Irwin Law Inc.