Career Counselling Process
A Career Counselling process typically follows the process identified below, although many variations can occur depending on your circumstances and needs.
- Meet with the career counsellor to learn about the process and clarify your goals.
- Enhance self-understanding, which may include identifying relevant life, educational and work experiences, as well as completing some assessments to help clarify your interests, abilities, values and personal preferences.
- Generate career options that could be a good fit for you.
- Gather information about career options, which may include day-to-day work activities, job availability and location, trends and wages, and educational and training requirements.
- Make decisions and plans based on what is best for you.
- Take action, which includes following through on your plan so you can achieve your career goals; monitor and adjust your plans as needed.
Career Counselling Service Fees
There may be a fee charged for the assessment tools used during the career counselling session.