If you love lab work and you're looking for a program that can launch you into a great career in just two years, check out the Chemical Technology program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
Chemical Technologists find employment throughout the province of Saskatchewan and beyond its borders. Many different industries employ graduates from the program including food manufacturing, mining, agriculture, cannabis, chemical manufacturing, and oil and gas. A Chemical Technology diploma will allow you the flexibility to choose a career path that suits you.
Chemical Technology is a nationally accredited, two-year diploma program offered through Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr. The program is designed to give you a well-rounded foundation in scientific principles and analytic practices--essential building blocks for a flexible career. You'll build knowledge and skills in:
- analytical instrumentation
- organic, physical, analytical and environmental chemistry
- handling and manipulating chemicals
- laboratory quality control and assurance
- recording, processing and reporting data
Learning is hands-on--you'll spend almost as much time in labs as in the classroom. And you'll apply what you've learned during a four-week industry research project.
Diploma to a Degree
Turn your Chemical Technology diploma into a university degree in just two years. Saskatchewan Polytechnic has transfer agreements with the University of Regina and University of Saskatchewan. You can also transfer into programs at Athabasca University (Alberta), Memorial University (Newfoundland), and Royal Roads University (B.C.). Use your diploma to ladder into a mining engineering technology degree at Queen's University in Ontario.
- 24 students are accepted each year
- Students will experience lectures and laboratory classes, as well as tours of relevant industrial laboratories
- Class hours are from 8 am – 4 pm daily; if desired, students can take part time studies and complete the program over 3 years
- Homework is required outside of scheduled class time
High Employment Rate
Because the program is designed with input from industry, your education matches real-world needs. And that’s why Saskatchewan Polytechnic science graduates are so highly sought after by employers. A recent survey shows that the majority of Chemical Technology graduates are employed in a training-related field.