Office Administration (Part-time studies)
School of Business Certificate
Saskatchewan Polytechnic's Office Administration program is a certificate program offered on a course-by-course basis through The School of Continuing Education online courses.
If you take the courses through Continuing Education, you are not required to apply for admission or meet the requirements. Once you have successfully completed all the courses, simply apply to graduate here: Application for Graduation.
See important information regarding program changes.
You are not required to take a minimum number of courses per session when you take the courses online. Generally, all requirements must be completed within four years for a certificate. (As per Policy # 114.)
This program provides knowledge and skill development related to the business office environment, with an emphasis on computer applications. Instruction is augmented by projects that will give you a hands-on understanding of the demands and rewards of work in an office setting.
You’ll learn how to:
- Edit and write business letters, memos and email communication;
- Effectively use leading business software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, and desktop publishing to create business documents;
- Execute office procedures such as reception, mail processing, email communication, calendaring, telephone communication, maintaining office equipment, task management and meeting participation;
- Generate, maintain and retrieve manual and electronic records;
- Use interpersonal communications in the workplace; and
- Use automated accounting software and do basic accounting.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic emphasizes hands-on learning, especially when it comes to computer and software programs. You’ll learn to use leading office software, from word processing to accounting to email. You’ll gain practical experience through simulated office situations. You’ll practise standard office procedures, from directing telephone communications to preparing for meetings to maintaining office equipment and managing office supplies.
- Students taking the Office Administration Program on a part-time basis should take PROF 103 as one of the final classes in the program.
- It is strongly recommended that students use a Windows based computer while taking the Office Administration program. Note: ACCT 136 uses SAGE 50 software which is not compatible with the MAC environment.
Accounting (ACCT 105)
Business Communications 1 (BCOM 100)
Business Communications 2 (BCOM 102)
Keyboarding 1 (CKEY 101)
Keyboarding 2 (CKEY 102)
Word Processing 1 (COAP 115)
Word Processing 2 (COAP 116)
Spreadsheet Applications (COAP 117)
Computer Suite Applications (COAP 138)
Introduction to Organizational Office Technologies (COMP 115)
Interpersonal Communications (IPSK 100)
Office Procedures (OPRO 105)
Records and Information Management (OPRO 133)
Professional Management (PROF 103)