Leadership and Coaching Development (Part-time studies)School of Business Certificate of Achievement
Designed for managers and supervisors, this unique, blended learning Leadership and Coaching program provides leadership strategies to effectively lead individuals and teams. Build your leadership style by learning Crane's coaching model, practicing effective coaching and communication techniques and finalizing your Leadership Action Plan. You will receive coaching to support your leadership journey.
As a student, your learning will take place on campus in Regina and online. There are five sequential modules of 36 hours online learning (self-paced) and 24 hours classroom practice in Regina.
Your investment includes a copy of The Heart of Coaching by Thomas Crane, the Strengths Finder Self-Assessment Tool , plus an individual coaching session with our program instructors .
Introduction to Leadership and Coaching (module 1, online)
- determine personal leadership strengths using StrengthsFinder Self-Assessment
- examine Crane's leadership and coaching model
- learn the importance of goal setting
Identifying and Enhancing Your Leadership Skills (module 2, classroom)
- build on leadership strengths and learn how to use your strengths when leading others
- discuss the importance of clear communication and feedback when coaching and leading others
- learn the reasons for conflict and discover a model for reducing conflict in the workplace
- using Crane's coaching model, practice an introductory coaching scenario
Coaching Practice (module 3, online)
- demonstrate leadership knowledge and skills through the coaching process
- engage in peer-to-peer coaching with a classmate
- practice coaching with a workplace partner
Leading Self, Leading Others (module 4, classroom)
- review workplace coaching experiences and identify leadership strengths and challenges
- identify leadership behaviours that build strong teams
- review models to build highly effective teams
- learn an approach to decision-making
Leadership in Action (module 5, online)
- apply leadership and coaching knowledge and skills
- write your personal leadership action plan incorporating your leadership vision and values
- participate in a one-on-one coaching session with a coach instructor
Classroom sessions are mandatory, and are held at Regina Campus.
Potential Funding Sources
This program is eligible for the Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Module 1, online: October 5 - 26, 2020
- Module 2, classroom: October 27 - 29, 2020
- Module 3, online: November 2 - 27, 2020
- Module 4, classroom: December 1, 2020
- Module 5, online: December 2 - 18, with winter break, resuming January 4 - 15, 2021