Co-operative Education Employer Information
Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers employers the best students from a wide range of programs.
Benefits of Hiring a Co-op Student
- Fill short-term staffing needs for special projects or peak season relief.
- Evaluate candidates for future permanent employment.
- Contribute to the important task of training our future workforce.
Programs with Available Students
Students are available from the Business Programs and the Engineering Technology Programs.
International students are also available. Review frequently asked questions about hiring an international student.
Please take a look at our Co-op Academic/Work Term Time Patterns. Detailed brochures are available from the Co-op Office for each individual program.
The Hiring Process
- The employer provides us with the job information before the posting dates (see Employer Job Posting Dates), which we post for all students to examine.
- The students submit resumes to our office for jobs that interest them.
- The employer decides who will be interviewed and when interviews will be held; the Co-op Office arranges the interviews.
- After the interview, the employer makes an offer to the student(s) of his/her choice.
- During the student's work term, a co-ordinator will follow up with a co-op job site visit.
The salaries paid to Co-operative Education students are determined by each individual employer. The Co-operative Education staff can provide salary averages for each program. Some employers outside of Saskatchewan assist the students with transportation costs.
Please contact us if you require further information.
Please fill out a job information form (pdf) and email it to us.