Co-operative Education Employer Information
Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers employers the best students from a wide range of programs.
Benefits of Hiring a Co-op Student
- Fill short-term staffing needs for special projects or peak season relief.
- Evaluate candidates for future permanent employment.
- Contribute to the important task of training our future workforce.
Programs with Available Students
Students are available from the Business Programs and the Engineering Technology Programs.
International students are also available. Review frequently asked questions about hiring an international student.
Please take a look at our Co-op Academic/Work Term Time Patterns. Detailed brochures are available from the Co-op Office for each individual program.
Want Funding to Hire a Student?
Learn more at the Co-operative Education lunch and learn.
If you are an employer who hires Co-operative Education students or you are considering hiring a student in the future, here’s an exclusive opportunity to learn about funding.
As an employer, you can apply for wage subsidies through the Student Work Placement program to help you hire Sask Polytech students. Recently, the available funding has increased.
Brandi Vanbocquestal, Sask Polytech Co-operative Education Consultant will provide an overview of SWPP, introduce you to the Employer Delivery Partners funding options, as well as introduce you to the application process. You will also hear from Heather McGilvary with Technation, a leading national technology industry association and an Employer Delivery Partner of SWPP. Heather will share her insights into the program and provide further tips on the application process.
You’ll also meet the Co-operative Education team at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. They will be available to answer any questions you have about co-op education in general. Attend this free event to receive valuable information. Plus, everyone in attendance is entered to win a $50 Tim Hortons card.
Email email@example.com to register here to add this to your calendar and receive the Zoom link.
|Event:||Co-operative Education Lunch and Learn|
|Date:||Thursday, August 26, 2021|
|Time:||12 p.m. to 1 p.m.|
|Location:||Registration link coming soon!|
The Hiring Process
- The employer provides us with the job information before the posting dates (see Employer Job Posting Dates), which we post for all students to examine.
- The students submit resumes to our office for jobs that interest them.
- The employer decides who will be interviewed and when interviews will be held; the Co-op Office arranges the interviews.
- After the interview, the employer makes an offer to the student(s) of his/her choice.
- During the student's work term, a co-ordinator will follow up with a co-op job site visit.
The salaries paid to Co-operative Education students are determined by each individual employer. The Co-operative Education staff can provide salary averages for each program. Some employers outside of Saskatchewan assist the students with transportation costs.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information.
Please fill out a job information form and email it to us.