10,000 daily step challenge
Step into The New Year with our 10,000 daily step challenge!
Did you know that regular physical activity can improve our overall mental health?
Regular physical activity, in all its forms, is something that research has proven to be beneficial, though to reap the benefits it must be done regularly. Even more recently, research has identified the beneficial connection between mental and physical health.
During this challenge, lets pay attention to how many steps we take, and make note of how we feel as we increase our daily step count.
Regular activity can affect how we feel about ourselves. This, in turn, can allow our motivation to grow and develop over time. You may notice what started as a whisp of a desire to be active is now an unstoppable hurricane of dedication and commitment.
Remember, slow and steady! Some patience is required.
For the month of January 1-31, your goal is to document how many steps you take each day and log your weekly total.
A little incentive is always nice too! You will log your total steps weekly, and in turn be eligible to win weekly and grand prizes. Plus, you’ll receive an acknowledgment badge you can use to display your accomplishment!
For personal reflection: we encourage you to make note of how you feel emotionally and physically before, during and after physical activity. How you feel is an important part of the process. It can be a great motivator to stay on track.
Registration for this challenge will open from December 15, 2021-January 21, 2022. The challenge starts on January 1, but it’s never too soon to get moving. Register and win!
To be eligible for the weekly prizes, weekly entries must be logged by 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday of each week. Your final tally must be logged by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, January 31, 2022. Review raffle rules for full details.
You will log your weekly total steps on this form weekly. You may choose to log your steps in any combination during the week. i.e. daily, once a week.
The Definition of a week is Monday- Sunday for logging purposes. By logging your activity, you will receive an entry to win prize incentives.Log steps
By logging your steps weekly, you'll receive an entry into a raffle for a chance to win:
Alumni include graduates of Saskatchewan Polytechnic or any of the institutions that preceded us going as far back as 1941 (SIAST, etc), and individuals who completed their apprenticeship training or Adult Basic Education 10 or 12 through Sask Polytech.
- Weekly prizes
- 1 - $25 Three Farmers gift package (valued at $25)
- Grand prize
- 1 of 2 Foam Roller Kit (approximate value $50)
- 1 Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch ($300 value)
- No purchase required
- To collect a prize, entrants will be required to answer a skill-testing question.
- This contest is open to Saskatchewan Polytechnic students and staff who are of the age of majority in Saskatchewan at time of entry.
- This contest is not open to residents of Quebec.
- To be eligible for the weekly prizes, entries must be logged by 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday of each week. The Sunday dates are January 9, 16, 23, 30 and the final submission will be on Monday, January 31, 2022. Each weekly submission counts as one entry for the weekly prizes.
- You are eligible to win one weekly prize per week.
- Each weekly submission also counts as one entry to win one of the grand prizes.
- Your final tally must be logged by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday January 31, 2022 to receive an additional entry for one of the grand prizes.
- Each entrant could reach a maximum of 5 entries in for grand prizes.
- The odds of winning this contest will depend upon the total number of entries.
- The Prize(s) will be awarded without consideration for regional allocation. Available prizes will decrease as they are awarded.
- 10,000 Step Daily Challenge may substitute a prize(s) of equal or greater value for the prize(s) detailed in the Promotion for any or no reason and without restriction.
- Full contest rules are available on our Full (long) Contest Rules page.
An accomplishment badge will be awarded to all participants who complete the challenge. Each badge represents steps achieved category. We hope this adds a little extra motivation!
The best way to accumulate steps is by simply walking. If you enjoy jogging you’ll accumulate steps more quickly. These activities can be done outside or inside.
If you use a treadmill your phone or other devices should still be able to record the number of steps taken as long as the device is attached to you.
You can build steps with a combination of physical activity as well, consider dancing, sporting activity etc.
EVERY STEP COUNTS.
Many smart watches and phones have a function already build in to track your steps. Search through the functions or feel free to email email@example.com for assistance.
There are many apps that can be downloaded for this purpose as well. Here are few steps counters apps available on both Android and IOS:
The challenge starts on January 1 and ends on January 31.
|Week 1 (cont'd)||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org