Saskatoon Campus Career Fair
Career Fairs are an excellent opportunity to enhance your networking skills, meet with professionals in a wide array of fields and obtain invaluable information early in your job search.
As a Sask Polytech student, you have the opportunity to connect with employers and explore your career options at on-campus career fairs.
|Date:||January 29, 2020|
|Time:||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Location:||Saskatoon Campus, 1130 Idylwyld Drive in the gym and the main hallway|
Tips to get the most out of the career fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Pen and notepad
- Portfolio or clipboard—to store information and business cards that you pick up.
- Positive attitude!
- Arrive neatly dressed, and appear well groomed and professional at all times while at the event.
- Wear minimal jewelry and perfume/cologne, and do not have gum or candy in your mouth.
- Remember the importance of fresh breath.
- Smile and introduce yourself when you approach an employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are. If you are unfamiliar with the employer, ask about their operations and what opportunities may exist for a student with your background.
- Maintain good eye contact and have a firm handshake.
- Ask about the next step in the recruitment process if an employer is willing to accept your resume.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Attend the event alone—you will be more focused on your job search and make a stronger impression with potential employers.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Stay long enough to have your questions answered and your interest recognized, but never monopolize an employer's time.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with another student.
- Show interest in the company, not just its promotional items.
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Questions? Contact Student Employment Services for other career fair dates, how to prepare for the event and other employment-related support.
2020 Participating Employers:
- Access SMT
- Applied Industrial Technologies LP - Canada
- BASF Canada Inc.
- Bayshore Home Health
- Black & McDonald
- Brandt Group of Companies
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Canadian Border Services Agency
- Canadian Pacific
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Saskatchewan
- Coconut Software
- Correctional Services of Canada
- Crestline Coach Ltd.
- Folklore Contracting
- FWS Group of Companies
- Graham Construction
- HD Engineering and Design
- Health Careers in Saskatchewan
- HMCS Unicorn
- Honey Bee Mfg. Ltd.
- Hy-Tech Drilling Ltd
- Industrial Machine & Mfg. Inc.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Saskatchewan (LDAS)
- Lorass Disposal North Ltd.
- Ministry of Corrections and Policing
- PIC Canada Ltd.
- RCMP Proactive Recruiting
- S3 Enterprises Inc.
- Saskatchewan Alternative Initiatives
- Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
- Saskatchewan College of Opticians
- Saskatchewan Government Insurance
- Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
- Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre/EGADZ
- Saskatoon Police Service
- SED Systems
- SEIU WEST
- Siemens Transportation Group Inc.
- The Mosaic Company
- The Style Academy
- The Workers' Compensation Board
- United Rentals
- University of Regina
- Venables Machine Works Ltd.
- Vendasta Technologies
- Virtus Group LLP