Prince Albert Campus Career Fair
Career Fairs are an excellent opportunity to enhance your networking skills, meet with professionals in a wide array of fields and obtain invaluable information early in your job search.
As a Sask Polytech student, you have the opportunity to connect with employers and explore your career options at on-campus career fairs.
|Date:||January 22, 2020|
|Time:||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Location:||Prince Albert campus 1500 10th Ave E in the gym|
Tips to get the most out of the career fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Pen and notepad
- Portfolio or clipboard—to store information and business cards that you pick up.
- Positive attitude!
- Arrive neatly dressed, and appear well groomed and professional at all times while at the event.
- Wear minimal jewelry and perfume/cologne, and do not have gum or candy in your mouth.
- Remember the importance of fresh breath.
- Smile and introduce yourself when you approach an employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are. If you are unfamiliar with the employer, ask about their operations and what opportunities may exist for a student with your background.
- Maintain good eye contact and have a firm handshake.
- Ask about the next step in the recruitment process if an employer is willing to accept your resume.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Attend the event alone—you will be more focused on your job search and make a stronger impression with potential employers.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Stay long enough to have your questions answered and your interest recognized, but never monopolize an employer's time.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with another student.
- Show interest in the company, not just its promotional items.
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Questions? Contact Student Employment Services for other career fair dates, how to prepare for the event and other employment-related support.
2019 Participating employers:
- Affinity Credit Union
- Athabasca University
- Brandt Group of Companies
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canada Saskatchewan Labour Market Services
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Canadian Pacific
- Caring Careers
- CBI Health Group
- Chartered Professional Accountant
- Correctional Services Canada - Sask Penn
- Eagles Nest Youth Ranch
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Federated Co-operative Ltd.
- GDI Training and Employment
- Health Careers in Saskatchewan
- Honey Bee Manufacturing Ltd.
- Ministry of Corrections and Policing
- Northern Lights Casino - SIGA
- Parkland Ambulance
- Prince Albert Catholic School Division
- Prince Albert Police Service
- Prince Albert Urban Services
- Provincial Emergency Communications Centre SK 911
- Ranch Ehrlo Society
- RCMP ProActive Recruiting
- Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
- Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies - SIIT
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA)/Economic Development Regina (EDR) and Futurpreneur
- The Style Academy
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- Young Brokers Network-Insurance Brokers Association of Sask