Moose Jaw Campus Career Fair
Career Fairs are an excellent opportunity to enhance your networking skills, meet with professionals in a wide array of fields and obtain invaluable information early in your job search.
As a Sask Polytech student, you have the opportunity to connect with employers and explore your career options at on-campus career fairs.
|Date:||Wednesday, February 6, 2019|
|Time:||9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Location:||Moose Jaw Campus - Gym, 600 Saskatchewan Street in the gym|
Tips to get the most out of the career fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Pen and notepad
- Portfolio or clipboard—to store information and business cards that you pick up.
- Positive attitude!
- Arrive neatly dressed, and appear well groomed and professional at all times while at the event.
- Wear minimal jewelry and perfume/cologne, and do not have gum or candy in your mouth.
- Remember the importance of fresh breath.
- Smile and introduce yourself when you approach an employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are. If you are unfamiliar with the employer, ask about their operations and what opportunities may exist for a student with your background.
- Maintain good eye contact and have a firm handshake.
- Ask about the next step in the recruitment process if an employer is willing to accept your resume.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Attend the event alone—you will be more focused on your job search and make a stronger impression with potential employers.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Stay long enough to have your questions answered and your interest recognized, but never monopolize an employer's time.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with another student.
- Show interest in the company, not just its promotional items.
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Questions? Contact Student Employment Services for other career fair dates, how to prepare for the event and other employment-related support.
Participating Employers at the 2018 Moose Jaw Campus Career Fair
These employers attended the 2018 event:
- Access Communications Co-operative Ltd.
- Allnorth Consultants Ltd.
- Brandt Group of Companies
- CAE (Silver Sponsor)
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Capital Automotive Group
- Caring Careers (SARC)
- Catterall & Wright Consulting Engineers
- City of Moose Jaw
- CLAC - Christian Labour Association of Canada
- Clifton Associates Ltd.
- Combined Insurance
- Conexus Credit Union
- CP (Canadian Pacific Railway)
- CPA Saskatchewan
- DynaIndustrial LP
- Dynamo Electric
- E Construction Ltd. (Bronze Sponsor)
- FHQ Developments
- First Nations University of Canada
- Freedom 55 Financial, A Division of London Life Insurance
- FWS Group of Companies
- Gabriel Dumont Institute
- Golder Associates Ltd.
- Graham Management Services LP
- Great Plains Contracting
- Honey Bee Manufacturing Ltd.
- IBEW Local 2038 (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers)
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Insurance Institute - Career Connections
- Investors Group Financial Services Inc.
- K + S Potash Canada (Campus Sponsor)
- Lafarge Canada Inc.
- Meyers Norris Penny (MNP) LLP
- Midwest Surveys Inc.
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Highways & Infrastructure
- Ministry of the Economy - Labour Market Services
- Nutrien (Presenting Sponsor)
- PCL Construction Management Inc. (Bronze Sponsor)
- Pronghorn Controls Ltd.
- RBC Royal Bank
- RCMP ProActive Recruiting
- Sask Apprenticeship
- Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency
- Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation
- Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) (Silver Sponsor)
- Saskatchewan Public Works Association
- SaskGaming (Casinos Moose Jaw & Regina)
- SaskPower (Gold Sponsor)
- Simpson Seeds Inc.
- Sun Life Financial
- The Mosaic Company
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Regina
- Valard Geomatics Ltd.
- Water Security Agency
- Work Horse Hub
- Yara Belle Plaine Inc. (Bronze Sponsor)