Moose Jaw Convocation Ceremony
Friday, April 27, 2018
Hildebrand Chapel at Briercrest College and Seminary
510 College Drive, Caronport, SK
Google map directions
The convocation ceremony provides time to reflect and celebrate your personal and professional accomplishment. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is proud to share in your success and offers congratulations to all students and the graduating classes.
Registering for Convocation
Eligible students will receive an email to their @saskpolytech.ca email address, the week of March 19th, inviting them to register their attendance for the 2018 ceremony.
On Your Convocation Day
- Arrive at the Hildebrand Chapel at least 45 minutes prior to the ceremony. As there are a large number of graduates, it is critical that you arrive on time.
- Collect your gown and v-stole and assemble with your program in the designated area. Volunteers will be available to assist in finding your assembly area.
- Purses, bags and cell phones are not allowed on stage and should not be left unattended. You are encouraged to leave those items with family and friends. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Following the ceremony, all gowns and v-stoles must be returned to the appropriate area.
- You are welcome to invite family and friends to attend this celebration. No tickets are required, there is no cost to attend, or a limit to the number of guests you can invite.
- A convocation tea will be held immediately following the ceremony at the Hildebrand Chapel. All graduates and guests are invited to attend.
- Lifetouch Photography will be on-site to take photos of you crossing the stage and shaking hands with the President and CEO, Dr. Rosia. The photos will be available for purchase, for $35, at the event, immediately following the ceremony.
- Flowers, Sask Polytech frames and merchandise will be for sale at the venue. You can also pre-order frames.
***As we are unable to guarantee that an ATM will be available or that credit/debit will be accepted by the vendors, please assume they are cash only.***
Students must register online to attend convocation. An invitation will be sent to their Sask Polytech email account, approximately 5 to 6 weeks prior to the convocation date.
- What is the date, time and location of the Moose Jaw Convocation?
Friday, April 27, 2018; ceremony starts at 1:30 p.m.
Hildebrand Chapel at Briercrest College and Seminary, 510 College Drive, Caronport SK
- What time should graduates arrive?
Arrive at Hildebrand Chapel by 12:45 p.m. (at least 45 minutes prior to the ceremony). As there are a large number of graduates, it is critical that you arrive on time. Volunteer Event Staff will be wearing name badges and will be available to assist if you have questions.
- What should I wear?
There is no formal dress code for convocation as you will be wearing a black gown, which will come to just below the knee. Wear attire that will show below the gown (dress pants, skirt or long dress), as well as shoes appropriate for a semi-formal event.
When lining up for the ceremony, you will be standing for long periods of time in crowded spaces and will be sitting on stage for the ceremony, prior to crossing the stage; therefore, lighter, cooler clothing and comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
Purses, bags and cell phones are not allowed on stage and should not be left unattended. You are encouraged to leave those items with family and friends. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Event staff are not permitted to store or take care of your items.
- How long is the ceremony?
Approximately 2 hours.
- Will there be anything for purchase at Convocation?
Flowers and gifts will be available for sale.
The photo of you shaking hands with the President, will be for sale on USB for $35
Certificate/Diploma and photo frames will be for sale (limited quantities) and can also be pre-ordered online.
- How many people can I invite? Are tickets required to get in? Is there a cost?
No limit to the number of guests
No tickets required
No cost to attend
No cost for gowns and v-stoles
- What do I do once I arrive at the Chapel?
Go to the gown tables to receive your gown and v-stole
If you didn’t register, go to the Unregistered Student Information Table
You will be lined up at approximately 1:00 to be ready to go by 1:20; a volunteer arranger will line you up alphabetically by last name by your Program sign and give you further instructions as to what will take place on the stage and during the ceremony.
- What do I do once the ceremony is over?
Your graduation gown and v-stole must be returned immediately to the tables where you received them.
There will be a tea immediately following the ceremony (just outside the chapel). Everyone attending the ceremony is welcome to enjoy an assortment of beverages and dainties/squares.
Photos taken of you and the President are available for purchase from Life Touch, after the ceremony.
A photo corner will be set up at the graduation ceremony for your use.
- When and how do I receive my credential (certificate/diploma)?
Diplomas and certificates will not be handed out the day of the convocation ceremony. Diplomas and certificates will be mailed out from Enrolment Services at a later date. Enrolment Services can be reached at 1-866-467-4278 or 306-691-8383.
If family and friends would like to attend your convocation, it may be necessary for them to receive an invitation letter.
Become Part of the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Alumni
Your graduation is the start of a new relationship with Saskatchewan Polytechnic as an alumnus, and you can now take advantage of great resources and opportunities available to registered members. Stay connected with Saskatchewan Polytechnic - register now as an alumnus. You will receive a welcome package in the mail, so please ensure that we have your up-to-date mailing address. In the meantime, you can check out the exclusive alumni benefits at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Alumni Relations.
Watch the Convocation Online!
If you are not able to attend in person, you can watch a live-stream of convocation. Check out social posts by following #SaskPolytech2018.