The Prince Albert Campus features 36 two-bedroom, fully furnished student-housing units including two wheelchair-accessible suites. Full-time students, apprenticeship students and students with families may qualify for on-campus housing. For more information, please contact Facilities Management at 306-765-1620.
The Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert Campus housing units are fully equipped with:
- washer and dryer
- one double bed
- two twin beds
- two night stands
- dinette set
- coffee tables
- window coverings
- one parking space with plug in
In order to qualify for a housing unit, the following requirements must be met:
- your family income cannot exceed $52,000 per year
- one adult in the unit must be a full-time Saskatchewan Polytechnic student (a minimum 60% course load). A maximum of two adults are permitted per unit.
- must be able to have utilities (power, energy, water) in your name
How long can I stay?
The length of your stay will depend on the length of your program of study. You are required to sign a contract, which will specify actual occupancy dates. For multi-year programs, you may qualify for year-round residency.
How do I apply?
Application forms are available at the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Information Kiosk in the Technical Building or online (pdf). Submit applications to Facilities Management in person on Prince Albert Campus or via email to email@example.com. Please ensure the following documentation is included with your application:
- verification of income
- proof from Saskatchewan Polytechnic Registration Services of full-time student status
What are the costs?
Monthly rent is currently $588. A damage deposit of $250 is also required. Several payment methods are accepted.
Tenants are responsible for securing utility accounts. All utility bills plus phone, internet and cable are to be paid by the tenant.
Special rates are available for apprenticeship students. Please contact Facilities at 306-765-1620 for more information.
When can I move in?
Applications are now being accepted for future tenants. Your move-in date will be determined once your application has been approved.
What is prohibited?
You will receive a handbook outlining all items not allowed while you are living in the student-housing complex. The list below addresses some of the more common questions:
- alcohol - students and guests must be 19 years of age
- drugs and drug paraphernalia
- smoking and vaping
- cannabis is not permitted on any Sask Polytech grounds which includes Student Housing
- more than four visitors at a time; visitors must leave by 11 p.m. (some conditions apply)
- overnight guests must register with Security in the Technical Building (some restrictions apply)
- bicycles (not permitted in suites)
- satellite dishes or receivers are not permitted
- candles, incense, barbeques, hibachis and hot plates
Please note that failure to follow the above rules will result in fines and potential eviction.
What other services are available?
- fully subsidized daycare at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert Campus
- wireless Internet service at both the Academic and Technical buildings
- campus nurse on staff
- full-service beauty salon
- city transit (runs every 30 minutes on 14 St.)
- Cornerstone business area within walking distance (banking, restaurants, retail outlets, medical clinic, pharmacies)
- Pre-K, elementary and high school education and programs – contact Saskatchewan Rivers Public School Division at 306-764-1571 and Prince Albert Catholic School Division at 306-953-7500.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Prince Albert Campus
1100 15th St E
Prince Albert, SK S6V 7S4