Academic Honesty

The test centre is an extension of the classroom. Instances of academic dishonesty of any kind - using unauthorized materials, sharing information with another examinee, using technology inappropriately, misrepresenting oneself as someone else, or any other method will not be tolerated. 

Students found to be cheating while testing in the test centre will be stopped and the exam and any notes being used will be collected.

The exam will be marked as Invalid and the exam and any materials being used will be housed in the test centre.

A report will be written and distributed to the instructor, who will administer the Academic Integrity procedures (see Student Conduct) and the school dean.

In addition, the student’s privilege of using the centre will be revoked for the remainder of the semester. 

It will be the student’s responsibility to inform all instructors of the revocation of privileges.

Each time a student uses the centre, he/she will be asked to sign a Statement of Understanding indicating that they understand the penalty for academic dishonesty in the centre. 

Statement of Understanding

By using Saskatchewan Polytechnic Test Centres, I agree to abide by the policies and regulations of Saskatchewan Polytechnic and its Test Centres including those in the academic integrity policy. I will be required to sign in when I arrive at the Test Centre and my signature will indicate that I understand the penalty for academic dishonesty of any kind in the Test Centres may be the revoking of my privilege to use ALL Test Centres for the remainder of the semester, possibly longer. These procedures are separate from any academic penalties imposed by the instructor and from institutional penalties related to policy 1211, Student Conduct Violation. Communication between Test Centre staff and my instructor/program will also occur in the event I have not abided by the policies and regulations. My program will then determine the consequences of the academic misconduct. I understand that I am entitled to due process via an appeal if I am involved in such an incident.