Business (Part-time studies)School of Business Certificate
Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s one-year Business certificate program provides a solid foundation of the major business concepts and principles for careers in accounting, marketing, management, human resources, insurance, finance and entrepreneurship. Benefits of the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Business certificate include:
- Focus on applied learning = skills required by employers
- More instructional time = increased student success
- Average class size of 25 students = personalized, collaborative, interactive learning
- Ability to ladder learning:
- Into year two of the Business diploma (and access to co-op work terms)
- The certificate and diploma programs are fully transferable to the University of Saskatchewan, University of Regina and other post-secondary institutions.
Business encompasses many disciplines. The Business certificate program prepares you for a wide variety of entry-level positions. It is offered full-time in Moose Jaw, Saskatoon and Prince Albert. Flexible Learning offerings include online and evening classes.
1 Year to a Diploma
The Business certificate program is equivalent to the first year of the diploma program. You have the option of taking one more year to earn a specialized Business diploma in accountancy, financial services, human resources, insurance, management or marketing.
You can apply to transfer your Business courses to degree programs at various universities. See the get credit for what you know section below.
Part-time Business certificate students
- If you wish to pursue the Business Accountancy specialty diploma, you must take ACCT 125 in order to meet pre-requisites for most second year Accountancy courses
- If you wish to pursue the Business Accountancy specialty diploma, you must take ACCT 136 in order to graduate
Students do not apply to this program, but take courses part time and apply to graduate (pdf) once all courses are completed.
CoursesIntroductory Financial Accounting 1 (ACCT-122CE)
Organizational Behaviour (ADMN-220CE)
Business Communications (BCOM-105CE)
Information Systems (COMP-120CE)
Introduction to Human Resource Management (HR-120CE)
Commercial Law (LAW-220CE)
Business Mathematics (MATH-139CE)
Introductory Financial Accounting 2 (ACCT-125CE)
Managerial Accounting (ACCT-225CE)
Automated Accounting (ACCT-136CE)
Personal Finance (FIN-100CE)
Principles and Practices of Insurance (INS-100CE)