A summer experience to remember
Registration for Saskatchewan Polytechnic summer camps in Saskatoon is now open
February 4, 2019 – Registration is now open for Saskatchewan Polytechnic summer camps in Saskatoon. Sask Polytech offers day camps in July and August geared towards kids from age five to 15. Led by faculty, students and alumni, Sask Polytech camps provide a safe and fun environment for kids to explore new interests, discover new talents and make new friends.
“Similar to our post-secondary programming, our camps place great emphasis on hands-on learning,” says Denise Hauta, director of Extension. “Campers learn new skills and get an introduction to exciting career paths they might not have considered previously.”
Sask Polytech’s camps include sports, computer science and technology, cooking, health sciences and trades. From campus activities to field trips, campers will learn plenty of new skills as they make new friends at our hands-on, experiential camps. Some camps will be available in other campus cities.
Some of our 2019 Saskatoon camps include:
- Adventures and Athletics, a week of high energy activities including basketball, ultimate Frisbee, yoga and aquatic adventures!
- App attack, take the first steps into the world of mobile app design and customize your own game app.
- Chef’s Academy (beginner and advanced), campers will review food prep, kitchen safety and cooking techniques with expert instructors.
- Explore Health Sciences, explore front-line careers in nursing and paramedics.
- Girls Exploring Trades and Technology, provide girls with a safe, supportive environment to explore the tools, equipment and skills needed for a trades and technology career.
- Jr. Police Academy, introduces campers to a police officer’s daily duties.
- Virtual Reality, learn the foundations of VR design by creating your own virtual world, exploring simulated environments and crafting memorable 3D experiences.
Sask Polytech camps are run by Extension in Saskatoon. To register please visit saskpolytech.ca/camps.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic serves students through applied learning opportunities at campuses in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina and Saskatoon, and through extensive distance education opportunities. Programs serve every economic and public service sector. As a polytechnic, the organization provides the depth of learning appropriate to employer and student need, including certificate, diploma and degree programs, and apprenticeship training. Saskatchewan Polytechnic engages in applied research, drawing on faculty expertise to support innovation by employers, and providing students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills.