KNOW, or Knowledge and Networking Opportunities for the Workplace, is an engaging full-day professional development event designed to help students develop the essential skills and everyday workplace competencies required for career success and in demand by employers. At KNOW, you’ll connect with and learn from community leaders, industry experts, Sask Polytech alumni and each other!
Dates and registration
KNOW takes place on the following dates on campus in each of our four campus cities.
March 6, 2024
March 12, 2024
March 7, 2024
What to expect
KNOW is a free, full-day, in-person event. By registering, you’ll gain access to professionals and experts who will share their experience and insight on a variety of topics such as lifelong learning, interpersonal skills, professionalism, creativity and intercultural fluency. As you prepare to enter the workforce, get in the KNOW firsthand from employers and human resource experts!
Conference check in
Event opening welcome and introductions
Keynote address: Jolene Watson
KNOW micro series
Lunch and networking
HR panel discussions
Keynote address: Jeph Maystruck
Topics of conversation for networking
- What is your job title, and what do you enjoy most about your job?
- What is your current position, and what position did you hold before it?
- What is the most challenging part of your job?
- How would the first month of employment look for a new employee at your job
- What skills are essential to have in your field of work?
- What advice would you give someone just starting out in your industry?
- What classes would you take if you could go back to school again?
- What does a typical workday look like for you?
- How do you expect the industry to change in the next five years?
- What is the best piece of career advice you have ever received?
Micro series speakers
Thank you to our sponsors who make this event possible.
Opening keynote sponsor
Moose Jaw campus sponsor
Saskatoon campus sponsor
Food and beverage sponsor
Please note that photographs, recordings and/or footage may be taken at these events for advertising, promotional and other purposes of Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Your attendance constitutes your consent, including the use of your name and likeness. Saskatchewan Polytechnic retains all ownership and copyright in any and all photographs, recordings or footage.
If you do not wish to have your photograph taken, please advise the onsite photographer.