2022 Saskatchewan Polytechnic Career Fairs
Sask Polytech strongly encourages students and employees to have received two doses of a Health Canada approved vaccination against COVID-19 to be on campus. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status, to be on campus, you are required to rapid test three times weekly at your own cost on your own time.
If you are not a student or employee, you may be required to show proof of vaccination status along with photo identification or the results of a rapid test taken within the last 48 hours. A QR Code issued by the Government of Saskatchewan is the preferred method of proof. A print out or screen shot from MySaskHealthRecord or the wallet card received at the time of COVID-19 vaccination are also acceptable. Visit the Saskatchewan Health Authority for a list of private testing providers for information on rapid testing.
Considering the recent rise of COVID-19 virus cases, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Student Employment Services has decided that it is best to postpone the in-person on campus Career Fairs scheduled for February 2022.
We hope to reschedule and will share any further information once a new plan is in place.
We appreciate your on-going dedication to attending the Career Fairs and to hiring our students/graduates.
Each 2022 Sask Polytech Career Fair, presented by Student Employment Services, is a worthwhile opportunity for students to present themselves to organizations who are interested in recruiting talent before graduation. It is through this avenue that employers and students are brought together to meet for the first time and can create a network for future career exploration.
- Saskatoon campus - TBA
- Moose Jaw campus - TBA
- Regina campus - TBA
- Prince Albert campus - TBA
We are confident that you will be impressed by the talent and potential that we have at Sask Polytech and we look forward to partnering with you in the future to increase your opportunities to connect with our students.
The Career Fair will be an excellent opportunity to enhance your networking skills, meet with professionals in a wide array of fields, obtain invaluable information early in your job search, and learn more about the work world and potential areas of employment.
Tips for students to get the most out of the Career Fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Have your resume with you so your information is available.
- Smile and introduce yourself when you appear to the employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are.
- Maintain good eye contact.
- If the conversation goes well ask about the next step in the recruitment process.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with you.
- Show interest in the company.
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Contact Student Employment Services
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.