Saskatchewan Polytechnic Career Fairs
Save the Date - Virtual Career Fair
Wednesday March 31, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for an exclusive opportunity to meet our Sask Polytech students virtually
Saskatchewan Polytechnic hosts an annual career fair. This year, employers will attend virtually Saskatchewan Polytechnic's career fair to recruit, screen and hire qualified and skilled students and graduates. Students will attend virtually to network with employers in their fields of study and secure job opportunities for after graduation.
Registration information and additional details will be posted in January 2021.
Tips for students to get the most out of the virtual career fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Ensure the video and sound on your device are in working order
- Your background is easy on the eye
- No noise or disruption will interfere with the call
- Have your resume with you so your information is available
- Smile and introduce yourself when you appear to the employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are
- Maintain good eye contact.
- If the conversation goes well ask about the next step in the recruitment process.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with you
- Show interest in the company
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Contact Student Employment Services
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.