Saskatchewan Polytechnic Career Fairs
Each Sask Polytech Career Fair, presented by Student Employment Services, is a worthwhile opportunity for students to present themselves to organizations who are interested in recruiting talent before graduation. It is through this avenue that employers and students are brought together to meet for the first time and can create a network for future career exploration.
We are confident that you will be impressed by the talent and potential that we have at Sask Polytech and we look forward to partnering with you in the future to increase your opportunities to connect with our students.
Register to attend
The Career Fair will be an excellent opportunity to enhance your networking skills, meet with professionals, obtain invaluable information early in your job search and learn more about the work world and potential areas of employment.
Tips for students to get the most out of the Career Fair
- Prepare your resume and have a friend proofread it for typos.
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies that you are interested in and the positions offered online.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer's attention.
- Have your resume with you so your information is available.
- Smile and introduce yourself when you appear to the employer! A positive attitude is very important.
- Indicate your year and area(s) of study as well as what your career interests are.
- Maintain good eye contact.
- If the conversation goes well ask about the next step in the recruitment process.
- Thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with you.
- Show interest in the company.
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Contact Student Employment Services
Questions? Contact email@example.com for further information.