RN, MN, PhD
Research Chair, Rural Health; Faculty - Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing (SCBScN); Undergraduate Adjunct Professor - University of Regina
Areas of Expertise
- Rural Nursing
- Rural Health
- Rural Nursing Continuing Education
- Agricultural Producer Mental Health
Related Professional Experience
- Canadian Nurses Association Network of Nursing Specialties Advisory Committee, Member
- Canadian Association for Rural and Remote Nursing, Member; Former President
- Rural Nurse Organization, Member
- Western North-Western Region Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing, Member
- Pavloff, M., Kulig, J., & Edge, D. (2022). A framework for nursing practice in rural and remote Canada. Rural and Remote Health, 22, 7545. https://doi.org/10.22605/RRH7545
- Pavloff, M., & Labrecque, M.E. (2021). Continuing nursing education for home care nurses: An integrative literature review. Home Healthcare Now, 39(6). 310-319.
- Pavloff, M., Farthing, P., Duff, E., Disiewich, K., & Dykhuizen, M. (2018). Survey Report, Continuing Education for Rural and Remote Saskatchewan Registered Nurses: A Needs Assessment Survey. Retrieved from www.carrn.com
- Pavloff, M., Farthing, P., & Duff, E. (2017). Rural and Remote Continuing Nursing Education: An Integrative Literature Review. Online Journal of Rural Nursing and Heath Care,17(2). http://dx.doi.org/10.14574/ojrnhc.v17i2.450
- Pavloff, M., Beck, C., Farthing, P., Duff, E., Lustig, L., Laventure, S., & Cooley, M. The impact of farm culture on mental health support for rural farmers [Accepted for oral presentation – unable to attend due to COVID-19]. 16th National Rural Health Conference, “Bridging Social Distance: Rural Health Innovating & Collaborating”. Perth, Western Australia. May 30-June 1, 2022.
- Pavloff, M. & Wasko, K. “They have no idea what you’re going through”: Understanding farm culture for provision of mental health care with farmers and ranchers [Oral presentation]. Society of Rural Physicians of Canada, 29th Annual Rural and Remote Medicine Course, “Out of the Ashes of COVID: Stronger Rural Communities”. Ottawa, Ontario. April 21-23, 2022.
- Labrecque, M. E., Pavloff, M., Jahner, S., Wentzel, J., Luimes, J., Taylor, S., Smith, E., Farthing, P., Kaczur, M., & Inverarity, C. The impact of COVID-19 on rural and remote Saskatchewan nurses’ mental health lifestyle [Oral presentation]. Canadian Federation of Mental Health Nurses, 2021 Bi-Annual Conference, “Human Rights and Mental Health Nursing: Equity and Inclusion”. Virtual, Canada. October 28, 2021. August 6-September 3, 2021.
- Pavloff, M. & Labrecque, M.E. Continuing education for urban and rural home care nurses: An integrative literature review [Poster presentation]. International Rural Nursing Conference, Greeley, Colorado. Virtual, International.
- Ruth Lee, R., Wankel, M., Hare, J., Pavloff, M. Attracting pre- and post-arrival internationally educated nurses to employment opportunities in rural and northern communities [Oral presentation].13th Annual Conference: Partners in Education and Integration of Internationally Educated Nurses. Virtual, International. April 27-28, 2021.
2022 Saskatchewan Polytechnic Faculty Award for Excellence in Applied Research
2021 University of Saskatchewan - Marion Ruth Jackson Quality of Patient Care
2019 SCPOR & Saskatchewan Polytechnic - Research Chair, Rural Health
2014-2017 University of Saskatchewan - College of Nursing Devolved Scholarship
2016 Saskatchewan Nurses Foundation Bursary
2014 Ernest and Isabella Forsman Bursary
2014 Margaret Inglis Doctoral Bursary in Nursing
2014 Norma Fulton Scholarship in Graduate Studies
2014 Saskatchewan Ministry of Health Nurse Educator Bursary
2012 Myrtle Evangeline Crawford Memorial Scholarship
Selected Grants and/or Research Projects
- Saskatchewan Farmer and Rancher Mental Health (FARMh) Initiative. (Principal Investigator). Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation. Establishment Grant. $119,000 (2022).
- The Impact of COVID-19 Knowledge Support on Rural and Remote Saskatchewan Nurses’ Mental Health. (Co-Principal Investigator). Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation. COVID-19 Rapid Response. $10,000 (2020).
- Saskatchewan Farmer and Rancher Mental Health (FARMh) Initiative. (Principal Investigator). Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation & Saskatchewan Centre for Patient-Oriented Research. Sprout Grant. $180,000 (2020).
- Saskatchewan Farmer and Rancher Mental Health (FARMh) Initiative. (Principal Investigator). Saskatchewan Center for Patient Oriented Research. Mental Health & Addictions Program. $3750 (2020).