Saskatchewan Polytechnic online classes begin; campuses close to the public
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is taking a number of measures to encourage social distancing and ensure the health and safety of employees and students.
As of Monday, March 23, over 90 per cent of Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs are being delivered online or remotely for the short term to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Due to the hands-on nature of some programs, certain classes will be suspended until campus access is re-established.
In an effort to limit the number of people at each campus, effective March 24, campuses are only open to employees providing key services. They are no longer open to students and most employees. This measure is another step in ensuring the health, safety and security of our students and employees, which is of the utmost importance. Faculty and staff continue to support the needs of students and the institution through work from home arrangements.
Although campuses are closed, a number of services are still available online:
- Counselling Services: Counselling Services are available to all Sask Polytech students. To set up an appointment email email@example.com or call.
- Bookstore: Students can order books through the Bookstore website 24/7; stores will be sending out shipments regularly.
- Library Services: Library Services are available online. If students need assistance they can use chat servicesbetween 8 a.m. - 4:50 p.m. weekdays or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a writing support Zoom room, available online from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
- Fitness and Recreation: Fitness and recreation professionals are available for virtual personal consultations. To book an appointment email email@example.com.
Students and employees are encouraged to stay socially connected but physically apart. Taking steps to limit the number of people you come in contact with, such as staying home, limiting trips to the grocery store and maintaining six feet of distance when in public, will help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Studying from home:
- Students can access learn from home information at saskpolytech.ca/learnfromhome
- Sask Polytech programs are being offered online or remotely to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Please see the program list for more information.
We all can help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 if we each do our part and work together.