Saskatchewan Polytechnic is flexible and responsive in initiating, facilitating and expanding partnerships. We maintain interactive and reciprocal arrangements with many educational partners, including:
- Dumont Technical Institute
- First Nations University of Canada
- Polytechnics Canada
- Regina Trades and Skills Centre
- Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies
- Saskatchewan Regional Colleges
- Saskatoon Trades and Skills Centre
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
We offer academic partnership programs in collaboration with a number of institutions and organizations.
Our mobile training labs, operated in conjunction with educational partners and employers, expand provincial training capacity and increase access to trades training by taking shop facilities and instructors to remote areas of Saskatchewan. Each lab includes a tractor trailer unit with pop-out sides that transform it into a 1,100-square-foot training facility. Labs accommodate a range of programs, including welding, industrial mechanics and electrical. Training sessions last from seven to 20 weeks, depending on the program delivered, and labs can accommodate 12 students at a time.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic joined Polytechnics Canada, an alliance of 10 research-intensive, internationally recognized post-secondary institutions committed to creating high-quality jobs for the future. Other members are British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), SAIT Polytechnic, NAIT, Conestoga, Sheridan, Humber, George Brown, Seneca, Algonquin and Red River.
The polytechnic model of education enables students to choose among degree-level programming, certificate, diploma, apprenticeship and post-graduate credentials, and brings a high level of practical experience to the workforce. Members of Polytechnics Canada are leaders in industry innovation activity in the Canadian college sector and are committed to student involvement in applied research.
For more information on Polytechnics Canada, click here.
Academic Partnership Programs
Academic Partnership programs are credit programs offered in collaboration with partner
institutions and organizations. Graduates receive a completion credential from Saskatchewan
Polytechnic and/or the partner institution.
Commercial Pilot Program
- offered as a partnership between Saskatchewan Polytechnic and the Saskatchewan Aviation Council
- combination of training at a flying school and on-campus courses
- presented in a modular format
- delivered in partnership with Northland Regional College and includes pre-testing for admission into individual modules, accrediting work experience and industrial on-site training
- provides practical training in boiler operations, maintenance techniques and tool usage
- offered in partnership with Southeast Regional College and Cypress Hills Regional College
- graduates eligible to challenge the provincial exam to obtain the Refrigeration Engineers Certificate and may enrol in year 2 of the Power Engineering Technology Program
- offered in partnership with the University of Regina
- provides instruction and training to students for entry-level positions and with additional underground experience, to advance to become development and production miners
- level-1 program offered off campus at rural or remote communities or mine sites in partnership with Northlands Regional College
- level-2 program offered off campus at northern mine sites in partnership with Northlands Regional College
- provides instruction and skill development training activities that will introduce students to the concepts and procedures associated with operating a Raise Bore machine
- offered off campus at northern mine sites in partnership with Northlands Regional College