Apply for a Saskatchewan Polytechnic Program as an International Student
To complete your application, use this guide and follow these steps.
- Meet the English language requirements.
The language of instruction at Saskatchewan Polytechnic is English. International students must provide proof of English language proficiency. Please view the English Language Requirement page details.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers the IELTS test at our Saskatoon and Regina locations. Visit the English Language Requirement for more information.
- Find the right program for you.
Select a Saskatchewan Polytechnic program available to International Students that you are interested in.
If your program of interest is not available on the online application, the program either does not accept international students or is full for the upcoming intake.
Most programs are First Qualified/First Admitted (FQFA). Learn more about the admission processes at Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
- Review the application requirements.
- Apply online and pay by credit card.
- Complete your application by May 1 to ensure consideration for programs beginning in September.
- Prioritize your program choices.
- Apply early. Saskatchewan Polytechnic admits international students to most certificate and diploma programs using our First Qualified/First Admitted admission method, based on availability.
- Prove you meet the admission requirements for the program to which you are applying. All relevant documents including transcripts (originals, not copies) must be submitted.
- To meet admission requirements, all relevant documents, including transcripts, must be submitted to Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Assessors may require documents to be sent directly from the related institution(s). Scanned copies of documents are accepted from applicants for initial assessment. Once you have applied to the program, you can submit scanned coloured documents by email to email@example.com with a Foreign Document Submission Cover Page. Ensure that the scanned documents are submitted as unprotected PDF attachments, are in colour and are entirely readable. Remember to provide proof of legal name change if applicable.
- The final decision on your application cannot be made until all official documents are verified by Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Ensure official documents that are requested by our assessors are submitted to the following address as early as possible.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus
1130 Idylwyld Drive North
PO Box 1520
Saskatoon SK S7K 3R5
- If your country of origin is unable to provide Saskatchewan Polytechnic with original documents, you may be required to ask the applicable Ministry of Education to provide us with proof of authenticity.
- West African Applicants: If you have written the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) (i.e. in Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone), in 1991 or later, your grades are maintained in The Western African Examinations Council (WAEC) database. Saskatchewan Polytechnic must verify your results. Refer to the attached instructions concerning WASSCE (pdf) verification.
- If your transcripts are in a language other than English, you must submit translated documents. We will verify their validity. If you require that your documents be translated into English, we recommend the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Saskatchewan (ATIS).
- Submit your application online.
International applicants must apply online and pay by credit card. The international application fee is $150.
Login to online admissions. Once you create your login ID and PIN, you can complete the Application Checklist that includes these sections:
- Contact information
- Personal information
- Planned program of study
- High school
- Post secondary education
You may complete all sections immediately or return to complete at your convenience. To leave and return later, click Finish Later. Your information is transmitted through a secured server and is kept confidential until you submit your application. Only after you submit your application will Registration Services staff review.
Complete your application by May 1 to ensure consideration for programs beginning in September. If you choose to apply after May 1, please remember that combined processing times (Saskatchewan Polytechnic and CIC) may not give you enough time to begin studies in the fall.
Submit application, fee and supporting documents:
- Once your application is complete, click on Application is Complete to submit.
- You will be prompted to pay a non-refundable $150.00 application fee. Payment options include: Visa or MasterCard
- Forward supporting documents to:
Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr.
Registration Services, International Admissions
1130 Idylwyld Drive at 33rd Street
- Wait until you receive notice from Saskatchewan Polytechnic about the status of your application.
For the majority of Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs it will take 15 business days to assess your application after all required documentation is submitted. You will be notified by Saskatchewan Polytechnic International Education via email the decision of your application. If accepted, you will be required to pay a tuition deposit of $1000 CAD within 30 days to secure your seat.
- Apply for study permit or visa from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
An international student is a visitor to Canada who is legally permitted to study in Canada in accordance with the Canada Immigration Act. For more information regarding studying in Canada, please check the Citizenship and Immigration Canada web page.
- Ensure your passport and other documents are accurate and valid.
Check the renewal date of your passport and plan for renewal during your stay if necessary.
- Arrange for your travel and accommodation.
- Pay your tuition and fees.
Tuition and fees are due when you arrive at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. You can plan by reviewing your payment options.
To contact us directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for two business days for a response.