Apply for a Saskatchewan Polytechnic Program as an International Student
To complete your application, use this guide and follow these steps.
- Meet the English language requirements.
The language of instruction at Saskatchewan Polytechnic is English. International students must provide proof of English language proficiency. Please view the English Language Requirement page details.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers the IELTS test at our Saskatoon and Regina locations. Visit the English Language Requirement for more information.
- Find the right program for you.
Select up to two Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs available to International Students that you are interested in.
If your program of interest is not available on the online application, the program either does not accept international students or is full for the upcoming intake.
Most programs are First Qualified/First Admitted (FQFA). Learn more about the admission processes at Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
- Review the application requirements.
- Apply online and pay by credit card.
- Complete your application by May 1 to ensure consideration for programs beginning in September.
- Prioritize your program choices.
- Apply early. Saskatchewan Polytechnic admits international students to most certificate and diploma programs using our First Qualified/First Admitted admission method, based on availability.
- Prove you meet the admission requirements for the program to which you are applying. All relevant documents including transcripts (originals, not copies) must be submitted.
- Submit documentation. We prefer to receive original documents directly from your institution(s) to Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Photocopies of documents are acceptable for initial assessment. The final decision on your application is not made until original documents are received by Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Submit your original documents as early as possible. Original documentation submitted is returned to you by courier. Occasionally, we accept original documents and transcripts submitted by the applicant. These are subject to verification by the appropriate educational institution or Ministry of Education. If we receive proper verification, your originals will be sufficient. If we cannot properly verify your originals, you are required to contact your educational institution(s) to request that original documents be sent directly to Saskatchewan Polytechnic. In cases where your country of origin is unable to provide Saskatchewan Polytechnic with original documentation, you must ask your Ministry of Education to provide proof of authenticity.
- If you have written the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) (i.e. in Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone), in 1991 or later, your grades are maintained in The Western African Examinations Council (WAEC) database. Saskatchewan Polytechnic must verify your results. Refer to the attached instructions concerning WASSCE (pdf) verification.
- If your transcripts are in a language other than English, you must submit translated documents. We will verify their validity. If you require that your documents be translated into English, we recommend the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Saskatchewan (ATIS).
- Submit your application online.
International applicants must apply online and pay by credit card. The international application fee is $150.
Login to online admissions. Once you create your login ID and PIN, you can complete the Application Checklist that includes these sections:
- Contact information
- Personal information
- Planned program of study
- High school
- Post secondary education
You may complete all sections immediately or return to complete at your convenience. To leave and return later, click Finish Later. Your information is transmitted through a secured server and is kept confidential until you submit your application. Only after you submit your application will Registration Services staff review.
Complete your application by May 1 to ensure consideration for programs beginning in September. If you choose to apply after May 1, please remember that combined processing times (Saskatchewan Polytechnic and CIC) may not give you enough time to begin studies in the fall.
Submit application, fee and supporting documents:
- Once your application is complete, click on Application is Complete to submit.
- You will be prompted to pay a non-refundable $150.00 application fee. Payment options include: Visa or MasterCard
- Forward supporting documents to:
Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr.
Registration Services, International Admissions
1130 Idylwyld Drive at 33rd Street
- Wait until you receive notice from Saskatchewan Polytechnic about the status of your
For the majority of Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs it will take 15 business days to assess your application after all required documentation is submitted. You will be notified by Saskatchewan Polytechnic International Education via email the decision of your application. If accepted, you will be required to pay a tuition deposit of $1000 CAD within 30 days to secure your seat.
- Apply for study permit or visa from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
An international student is a visitor to Canada who is legally permitted to study in Canada in accordance with the Canada Immigration Act. For more information regarding studying in Canada, please check the Citizenship and Immigration Canada web page.
- Ensure your passport and other documents are accurate and valid.
Check the renewal date of your passport and plan for renewal during your stay if necessary.
- Arrange for your travel and accommodation.
- Pay your tuition and fees.
Tuition and fees are due when you arrive at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. You can plan by reviewing your payment options.
To contact us directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for two business days for a response.