Intercultural Services provides support and guidance to you, as a newcomer (permanent resident) or international student, throughout your experience at Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
Student supports include:
- Supporting the transition into Canadian culture and the Canadian academic environment
- Assessing student need and making referrals
- Providing culturally responsive counselling support
- Ensuring international and newcomer student perspectives are represented institutionally
- Facilitating student success workshops
- Promoting opportunities for student engagement, leadership, and volunteerism
Organizational supports include:
- Showcasing diverse perspectives and providing resources to promote equity, inclusion, and intercultural understanding
- Providing support to faculty on culturally inclusive teaching practices and strategies
- Organizing intercultural communication workshops and other cross-cultural professional development opportunities
- Collaborating with other departments/schools to identify gaps in services and supports and to address systemic barriers
Tuesday, March 21 - Friday, March 24, 2017
Intercultural Week coincides with the United Nations’ International Day for the Elimination of Racism on March 21st. The purpose of Intercultural Week is to:
- Honour and celebrate cultural diversity within Saskatchewan Polytechnic;
- Enhance the intercultural awareness of students, staff and faculty; and
- Foster safe learning spaces in which diversity is valued and respected.
If you are interested in getting involved in Intercultural Week events on your campus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out videos from the 2016 Intercultural Week!
Day 1 Part 1 Dancing - March 21, 2016
Day 1 Part 2 Todd Odgers
Day 2 March 22, 2016
Day 3 March 23, 2016
Day 4 March 24, 2016
Jackie Belhumeur, Intercultural Counsellor
Debbie Griffith, Intercultural Learning Specialist
Candice Kloeble, Intercultural Counsellor