Welcome to Saskatchewan Polytechnic on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 Territories and the homeland of the Métis people.
Choose from 150-plus career-focused programs or get training as an apprentice in almost 30 trades.
Sask Polytech offers our Aboriginal learners
- Aboriginal Activity Centres
- Aboriginal Nursing Student Achievement Program (ANSAP)
- Aboriginal Student Achievement Plan offering the Summer Transition Support Program
- Aboriginal Student Advisors
- Elder access
- Employment readiness program - Partners for Success
- English for Aboriginal learners
- Scholarship and funding opportunities
- Support to find housing, child care and employment information
- High grad employment rate
- Science and Health Aboriginal Success Strategy (SHASS)
Saskatchewan Polytechnic helps support Aboriginal student success through dedicated Aboriginal student advisors. Aboriginal student advisors create student success by providing:
- a friendly face, helpful connections to services and support
- orientation to Saskatchewan Polytechnic and surrounding community
- referrals for tutorial support
- funding, housing, budgeting and employment information
- connections to outside resources and networks
- assistance organizing study groups and informational, social and cultural events
Connect with an advisor through the Aboriginal Activity Centre in your campus city.
Science and Health Aboriginal Success Strategy (SHASS) is designed to enhance your success as a person of Aboriginal ancestry in Saskatchewan Polytechnic's School of Health Sciences. From the day you apply, to the day you graduate, SHASS is here to help you succeed. Services include providing culturally sensitive one-on-one counselling, academic support, referrals to learning services and tutorials, help with scholarships and bursaries and information regarding funding, childcare, housing and transportation.