Early Childhood Education - Level 1 (STT)
If you enjoy working with children and would like a career as a
childcare professional in a child care centre, preschool, or family day
home, this course is for you.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is offering training for the Early Childhood Education Level 1 which meets government requirements to work in a day care. You will receive 2 weeks of employability skills training and 12 weeks of specific skills training. Successful completion of this program will give you credit for 3 courses toward the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Early Childhood Education Certificate program if you gain formal admission into the ECE certificate program.
- October 14, 2014 – January 19, 2015 (You must attend employability skills training September 29 – October 10, 2014)
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Please note this program was formerly run at ACERT
- Unemployed (or working less than 20 hrs/wk).
- Ability to read, write & speak English at a level that would enable you to gain employment.
- Successful completion of the employability skills training prior to the ECE specific training.
- Tuition and fees, $627
- You may be eligible for a Provincial Training Allowance or Skills Training Benefit. Tuition and fees are waived for those who qualify for PTA.
To apply, please contact:
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
For information about employment training programs offered by Saskatchewan Polytechnic,
Saskatchewan Polytechnic encourages applications from people of Aboriginal ancestry, people with disabilities, visible minorities and women interested in non-traditional occupations.