Early Childhood Education - Level 1 (STT)
If you enjoy working with children and would like a career as a
childcare professional in a child care centre, preschool, or family day
home, this course is for you.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is offering training for the Early Childhood Education Level 1 which meets government requirements to work in a day care. You will receive 2 weeks of employability skills training and 12 weeks of specific skills training. Successful completion of this program will give you credit for 3 courses toward the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Early Childhood Education Certificate program if you gain formal admission into the ECE certificate program.
- October 14, 2014 – January 19, 2015 (You must attend employability skills training September 29 – October 10, 2014)
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Please note this program was formerly run at ACERT
- Unemployed (or working less than 20 hrs/wk).
- Ability to read, write & speak English at a level that would enable you to gain employment.
- Successful completion of the employability skills training prior to the ECE specific training.
- Tuition and fees, $627
- You may be eligible for a Provincial Training Allowance or Skills Training Benefit. Tuition and fees are waived for those who qualify for PTA.
To apply, please contact:
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Saskatchewan Polytechnic encourages applications from people of Aboriginal ancestry, people with disabilities, visible minorities and women interested in non-traditional occupations.